Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(2017-04-04, 12:12)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]The exit option does not work properly (atleast for me) with aeon nox silvo & with xonfluence. Using force close always works nice.

Just checked this and it is technically impossible for addon to terminate the parent process... it would have to be done through external script which would have to be different for android, linux, mac or windows... too complex...
I really can't see how the last 2 recommendations (special:// conversion ant force close function) relate to a cleaning add-on...
Anyway, I have another suggestion :p :
Remove orphaned dependencies.
On kodi 16 there was a menu that would list orphaned dependencies (System/Add-ons/System/Orphaned depemdencies).
On kodi 17 they're at Settings/System/Add-ons/Manage dependencies. The orphaned ones have a broom icon on the default skin. On some other skins they don't have it (but I guess that's a skin's issue).
Force close yes, path conversion can be considered "optimization" - and is usefull if you i.e. tweak something on your windows PC and want to transfer to Android - which is what I do, I always work on Win and then try it out on my android box.

I think it is not possible to remove orphaned dependencies, except through Kodi. I can't uninstall other addons from my addon!
Oh right, forgot about that.
Still the most complete and smartest cleaning add-on.
Request: Can you report the size of the Thumbnails, Cache, Packages etc before cleaning them up?
(2017-04-07, 11:41)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Force close yes, path conversion can be considered "optimization" - and is usefull if you i.e. tweak something on your windows PC and want to transfer to Android - which is what I do, I always work on Win and then try it out on my android box.

I think it is not possible to remove orphaned dependencies, except through Kodi. I can't uninstall other addons from my addon!
What about Force Refresh?
(2017-04-07, 12:17)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]Request: Can you report the size of the Thumbnails, Cache, Packages etc before cleaning them up?
I thought about doing that but I would have to completely change the logic of adddon. And also there is no way to report actual savings from database compression i.e. only from files deleted (cache, thumbs etc). But it is in the plan Smile

Sent from my N7100
(2017-04-07, 12:18)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-07, 11:41)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Force close yes, path conversion can be considered "optimization" - and is usefull if you i.e. tweak something on your windows PC and want to transfer to Android - which is what I do, I always work on Win and then try it out on my android box.

Refresh of what exactly? Skin?

Sent from my N7100
So i tried this and did the clean + compact database.
Now the Picture Slideshow Screensaver is all black with Titles only.
This cant be intended i assume?
Depends what the screensaver displays - I suppose it is the "video fanart" - so if you deleted it, there is nothing to display.....

also, your textures database is now pointing to non existant images. try running "clean textures database" from Kcleaner.
(2017-04-07, 14:11)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]So i tried this and did the clean + compact database.
Now the Picture Slideshow Screensaver is all black with Titles only.
This cant be intended i assume?

In Settings/Ignore Addons put a check next to ArtistSlideshow (or whatever Addon you are using for this) and under Ignore Other turn on "Delete only thumbs not in database". Even if you don't, the Artist Slideshow will eventually rebuild those images but realize they take up a lot of space because they are generally high resolution images.
There is no "Picture Slideshow Screensaver" in "ignore" list - because it uses video fanart (or local directory) that is - it doesn't store any info in it's own userdata folder. But enabling "Delete only thumbs not in database" is good idea if you don't want this deleted.
(2017-04-07, 12:22)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-07, 12:18)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]

Refresh of what exactly? Skin?

Sent from my N7100
It forces all addons to get updated (if available).
I don't think that is possible...
v2.1
- Locking app when auto clean running (as not to run twice)
- Display how much Mb would be cleaned in menu
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33