Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
OK, cool, I thougt there must be something locking that file(s) so KCleaner can't access it.
(2017-06-03, 23:59)junitodx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi DaLanik,

Since you mentioned it could be the thumbnails slowing down the addon, I ran Profile Cleaner addon first to clean up thumbnails, and I think it cleared out about 6k thumbnails. Then I ran KCleaner v2.64 but it still takes about 5 minutes from startup to getting to the main KCleaner screen. I asked Karellen to take a look at my log file before I posted it to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules and he said it was good to go so my post shouldn't disappear this time Tongue

Also with version 2.64 the log file is significantly larger so I had to go to zerobin instead of pastebin to post it:

https://zerobin.net/?f2a0e83bacec1700#0y...QNvRfn6DjY=

I have new version in the TEST repo which has another option - to do "quick" calc, that is, to ignore calculating thumbnails if " Delete only thumbs not in database" is selected. It seems legitimate, you simply have too many thumbs and/or your system is slower in accessing the filesystem/database so it takes that long. Nothing I can do to speed it up if it needs to check every individual thumbnail agains the database.

So I made this option NOT to calculate thumbs. It will still CHECK all the thumbs on cleanup, just preview on how much should be deleted will not be correct.

Let me know if it works so I can put it in normal repo.

D.
(2017-06-04, 12:56)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-03, 23:59)junitodx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi DaLanik,

Since you mentioned it could be the thumbnails slowing down the addon, I ran Profile Cleaner addon first to clean up thumbnails, and I think it cleared out about 6k thumbnails. Then I ran KCleaner v2.64 but it still takes about 5 minutes from startup to getting to the main KCleaner screen. I asked Karellen to take a look at my log file before I posted it to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules and he said it was good to go so my post shouldn't disappear this time Tongue

Also with version 2.64 the log file is significantly larger so I had to go to zerobin instead of pastebin to post it:

https://zerobin.net/?f2a0e83bacec1700#0y...QNvRfn6DjY=

I have new version in the TEST repo which has another option - to do "quick" calc, that is, to ignore calculating thumbnails if " Delete only thumbs not in database" is selected. It seems legitimate, you simply have too many thumbs and/or your system is slower in accessing the filesystem/database so it takes that long. Nothing I can do to speed it up if it needs to check every individual thumbnail agains the database.

So I made this option NOT to calculate thumbs. It will still CHECK all the thumbs on cleanup, just preview on how much should be deleted will not be correct.

Let me know if it works so I can put it in normal repo.

D.

Hmmm,,,,log shows the following when trying to update/install from test repo:

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fscript.kcleaner-2.64.zip/
09:58:01.006 T:138884899920 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.kcleaner]: invalid package special://home/addons/packages/script.kcleaner-2.64.zip

2.64 is the version I already had though, am I missing something?
There should be version 2.7 in test repo. Try running "check for updates"
(2017-06-04, 17:37)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]There should be version 2.7 in test repo. Try running "check for updates"

Did an update on the Test Repo and then it was there. Looks like v2.7 fixed the problem as it now only takes a couple of seconds to go from start up to main menu screen. Crazy to think that I have so many more thumbnails than others that I am the only one who was having this issue but it looks to be all sorted.

DaLanik thanks for all your help and for this great addon Nod
It's either more thumbnails than others or your filesystem is slow for some reason Smile Good that it works. I'll put it in the main repo.
v2.7
- Speed tweak for slow thumb reading - option to disable thumb size calc
Any thoughts on picking up the related features from "Database Pre-Wash Scrub" addon (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112) which seems to now be abandoned?

The fact that it cleans MySQL database is a key feature for me.
What are the most importand features of that addon, what exactly does it clean? Orphaned thumbs, only from SQL database?
Hello,

Can someone explain to me how to install Kcleaner please?

Do I have to add source like http:// blaaaaa....blah ..?
I am new to kodi so please tell me step by step. Thank you

Edit: I figured it out. Thank you
Nope, just open my repo page and download the zip file, copy to your Android box or PC and "install from zip"... Smile
(2017-06-06, 08:33)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]What are the most importand features of that addon, what exactly does it clean? Orphaned thumbs, only from SQL database?

Removing references to old paths and files not listed in your KODI sources in both local and MySQL databases.

To quote the add-on devs (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112):
Quote:Every Internet and UPnP stream you watch, every YouTube video, each time File Manager is used to load up a video to watch once - records of these are all kept.

A general assumption was that KODI's database only held the files scanned into the library. This is not the case. If you watch it, KODI remembers it.

This leads to a number of issues. One is privacy. There is nothing in the main KODI application that will clean out the database. Most other applications can clean their "recent files" lists, KODI can't. Yet.

KODI does have a built in "Clean Library" function, but this only works with the files scanned into the Media Library. It is not aware of the streams and one-off videos so it does nothing about them.

A second issue regularly rears its head where the old stream paths in the videos database cause numerous problems to other functions within KODI. Even KODI's own built in Clean Library functions spit dozens of errors into the debug logs when attempting to work with these old stream paths. For some people the Clean Library function could stall and crash due to these bad paths. (As well as the slightly worrying case that every one of these paths were being loaded up and interrogated causing some unusual network traffic)

Our script will do a pre-scrub of the database allowing KODI's own Clean Library function to do a far better job.

Add-ons are the worst culprit here.

So it's primary function was what I used it for. The fact that it also supported MySQL databases was a major bonus.
(2017-06-05, 13:30)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]v2.7
- Speed tweak for slow thumb reading - option to disable thumb size calc

@DaLanik - I had thought that Kcleaner cleaned the temp directory. I'm going in manually with ES File Explorer and manually removing the *.fi and other files from the archive_cache directory. Can the app help me with this? I'm on the Android TV OS.
It should clean the temp directory?
(2017-06-17, 19:24)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]It should clean the temp directory?

It's not cleaning this one. It's a subdirectory of temp.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33