Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Chromecast Compatibility with Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, new poster here so hope this is the right place for this. I have Chromecast to cast Kodi from my Samsung phone to my tv. I've added all the repositories etc. And when I try to open some of them (most of them) I get this message: "This google cast device cannot play the video because of missing codecs OR Video was deleted or it is not reachable anymore." LocalCast cannot fix this! Transcode your videos with www.handbrake.fr. What do I do? I've got Kodi Kypton v.17 and its pretty frustrating to see it trying to stream and then get this message. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smile
You should probably actually read the forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned addons (wiki) before you go any further.
Thanks. But I'm just asking a question about casting kodi onto my tv from my phone with chromecast and getting this message. I don't see anything about piracy with this?
(2017-02-24, 21:03)debsbrett Wrote: [ -> ]I've added all the repositories etc.

Which repositories might they be?

In any case Kodi cannot directly cast to Chromecast, so your issue is with LocalCast not Kodi presuming that's what you're using as the external player.
Okay. Thanks. And yes using Kodiaddons. so not sure what they all are. Darn. I don't know how else to get kodi from my phone to my tv without using something like chromecast. Thank you for your input. Sad
Best solution is to connect a device directly to your television for Kodi.

A Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreElec would be ideal. Very good hardware for a great price.
Thank you everyone for your input. I have no idea what that is Dangelus but I'll try to find one. Wink
(2017-02-25, 05:54)debsbrett Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you everyone for your input. I have no idea what that is Dangelus but I'll try to find one. Wink

That just minicontroller (Or small pc device) that can communicate using the network provided..
But if you worry around those i mean why dont just use a spare laptop to do all your videoing..