Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto reconnect for PVR IPTV simple client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have a bunch of m3u playlists that I collect to stream TV from. Unfortunately, my connection isn't always stable and cuts out. I currently have a smart TV which has its own iptv client that automatically reconnects when the connection is dropped. I can also hack my way around this on VLC by enabling play in loop on the playlist, so that when the connection is dropped, VLC tries to reconnect. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do this with the simple IPTV client and I have spent a day searching for how to do this. I have seen a few other people have this problem too, so I think it would be rather grand if such a feature were written into the simple IPTV client Blush

Cheers in advance!
Thread moved to IPTV Simple section.

Feature requests is only for core Kodi features
(2017-02-25, 14:23)funkymunkycool Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I have a bunch of m3u playlists that I collect to stream TV from. Unfortunately, my connection isn't always stable and cuts out. I currently have a smart TV which has its own iptv client that automatically reconnects when the connection is dropped. I can also hack my way around this on VLC by enabling play in loop on the playlist, so that when the connection is dropped, VLC tries to reconnect. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do this with the simple IPTV client and I have spent a day searching for how to do this. I have seen a few other people have this problem too, so I think it would be rather grand if such a feature were written into the simple IPTV client Blush

Cheers in advance!

I posted this same question and never got a response so I just dropped Kodi as a PVR and switched to Perfect TV. There is no way to configure an external video player with the PVR, and, your right, the loop feature in VLC works perfectly for weak signals. I second this feature request! (This feature request is for the Default Kodi Video player, not sure if the moderator actually read the post or not)
i have this problem too, every 5 minutes the streaming stop and stuck on the same frame until i reload the channel selected and this is very boring. Would be sufficient that as in VLC the channel autoreload after the stop.It Isn't possibile that there isn't a solution for this problem
Thanks Darrenhill. I too have dropped Kodi as a PVR client for the foreseeable future. I have a wetek hub and ended up using a code called IPTV extreme that seems to fulfill my needs. It's a shame that the IPTV client in Kodi can't do this. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much extra code to write and it would be an awesome feature that would make so many people happy!
I have the same problem. Programs such as Smart IPTV and VLC can Autoreconnect my playlist. But KODI PVR does not Sad Any solution please
UP
VLC has this option, is it possible to implement it in KODI? 
+1
I'm all for this request, as well, but not just for the IPTV simple client, but all PVR clients (should I start a different thread?). I run Tvheadend through the Tvheadend PVR client addon in Kodi. In addition to my OTA antenna channels coming in through my TV tuner adapter (which all work fine), I can add in internet streams into Tvheadend. Some streams work perfectly fine, while others stop after a certain number of seconds. But this only happens when running Kodi. If I connect to the tvheadend streams with VLC, they all run just fine. So I believe this is a problem with the PVR section of Kodi as a whole, not just one addon.
(2017-02-25, 14:40)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Thread moved to IPTV Simple section.

Feature requests is only for core Kodi features

@DarrenHill , I believe this should be moved back to Feature Requests. This problem doesn't just affect IPTV Simple, but all the PVR addons that I've tried that have the possibility to use IPTV streams have this problem. On my setup, I use Tvheadend, and many IPTV links set up in Tvheadend show this exact same problem in Kodi, while they don't when running through other players, such as VLC. So, I think this might be a problem with Kodi's core PVR feature, and not the IPTV Simple addon.
But none of them are in Kodi core, they are all (binary) addons. There is no PVR in core any more.

It can go up a level to PVR & Live TV Support, but it's not a core feature request as it's not in core.
Well, the IPTV addon passes the URL to playback to kodi, via the PVR API so the reconnection technically could be done in FFMpeg or detected by the addon.

Doing it via FFMpeg could be a huge undertaking, whereas in the addon while possible would be a poor user experience I’d imagine.

Note that this would not be a core feature IPTV simple interacts with kodi differently to other many other pvr addons. So this is the right place for the request I think.

However, if you have a poor quality provider why not just sign up with one who provides a better service? It’s your money after all.