Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with movies names recognizing in import
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody!
I start to use this wonderful app to rename all my films and finally use Kodi (i come from meedios...)
But I've a problem , i choose a unusual naming rule et the soft doesn't recognize correctly the movies titles
ex:
[1959] Voyage Au Centre De La Terre (Henry Levin) VOSTFR

and tnymedia sort it like this :

Voyage Au Centre De La Terre Henry Levin Vostfr

So, the director name between () was include in title, why the soft doesn't skip it?
I don't find any list except "dirty words" for skip work or terms (by the way with dirty words skip i cant make VOSTFR or VO disipear in the title)

Maybe someone can help me!
And sorry for my bad english... :/
> i choose a unusual naming rule et the soft doesn't recognize correctly
> why the soft doesn't skip it?
well, yes. we cannot fix nonstandard issues; don't blame the soft for it Wink

We already do our best, to get a clean name out of filename, but we cannot just plain remove words in brackets!
Movies like that have brackets in their title...

But you could bulk rename all your round brackets to square brackets... which we DO skip...
Hi,

thanks for your response!

I smell it coming, I've made bad choice to name my file more than ten years ago!
I will rename all under the soft, i ask this because I've more than 3000+ movies and it will take a lloooong time but necessary!
Thanks again and continue to perfect this wonderful soft, i'll only use tinymedia/Kodi combo now!