Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (fuse)neue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes please, +1 for poster in Tv show
(2017-03-15, 05:16)wex101 Wrote: [ -> ]Would you consider allowing the use of poster widgets instead of episode landscapes when using the next up episode widget in the tv shows menu?
Is there a specific reason for doing so? Is it to do with spoilers from thumbnails? Because I can add a toggle to not show episode thumbs (and use landscape/fanart instead). But I'm not really keen on having any user selected viewtypes -- the point is that everything works out of the box with minimal setup (other than setting up you menu shortcuts and what widgets you want to use) and that the views are consistent based upon content type.
[/quote]

Landscape would work. It's because it is hard for me to see which show is which based off of the episode thumb. I have to scroll onto it to see what it is. The episode thumbs all look too much the same. The work of course when browsing episodes of one show, but not when browsing many.
(2017-03-15, 15:55)wex101 Wrote: [ -> ]Landscape would work. It's because it is hard for me to see which show is which based off of the episode thumb. I have to scroll onto it to see what it is. The episode thumbs all look too much the same. The work of course when browsing episodes of one show, but not when browsing many.

Fair point. I've added an option under:
Skin Settings > Artwork > Prefer fanart instead of episode thumbs for home screen.
Is there a way to show extrafanart in de music OSD? Now it shows only one picture
(2017-03-16, 09:28)Aaiemron Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to show extrafanart in de music OSD? Now it shows only one picture

Install script.artistslideshow
Configure it how you like
Enable it in Skin Settings > Video / Music OSD > Show artist slideshow
(2017-03-16, 09:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-16, 09:28)Aaiemron Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to show extrafanart in de music OSD? Now it shows only one picture

Install script.artistslideshow
Configure it how you like
Enable it in Skin Settings > Video / Music OSD > Show artist slideshow

Thanks
(2017-03-16, 03:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-15, 15:55)wex101 Wrote: [ -> ]Landscape would work. It's because it is hard for me to see which show is which based off of the episode thumb. I have to scroll onto it to see what it is. The episode thumbs all look too much the same. The work of course when browsing episodes of one show, but not when browsing many.

Fair point. I've added an option under:
Skin Settings > Artwork > Prefer fanart instead of episode thumbs for home screen.

Thank you! However, there seems to be a new bug after updating. In the home screen, in menu areas where I didn't have a widget set for but instead just a background, the widget panel would disappear just showing the background and top menu. Now however the widget panel stays put with nothing in it.
Is there a way to make my homevideos widget visible?
What I did: I made my homevideo folder favorite, added in the main menu and for widgets i choose in the videolibrary; sources and then "homevideos"
And now the widgets are only visible as a text, not as a picture. I hope you know what I mean. Can someone please help?
Same issue as wex101: the default widget never finishes loading (can get a log if needed, git reset back a bit and have it back). Also, a 2160 icon is currently missing: https://i.imgur.com/RurZJOn.png

I'm going to look into extrafanart for you shortly to see if I can get it working with an interval setting.
Hi guys,

My apologies. The home menu widgets bug should hopefully be fixed. Can people test with latest git and confirm?
Thanks. Smile
Yep working now, thanks
(2017-03-17, 00:51)realjohngalt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to look into extrafanart for you shortly to see if I can get it working with an interval setting.
I've got extrafanart working now. Forgot to clear the custom container id onunload from home so skin helper was looking for the wrong container ID.
(2017-03-17, 03:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-17, 00:51)realjohngalt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to look into extrafanart for you shortly to see if I can get it working with an interval setting.
I've got extrafanart working now. Forgot to clear the custom container id onunload from home so skin helper was looking for the wrong container ID.

It works!

Any plans for skin infoservice?
(2017-03-17, 04:28)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Any plans for skin infoservice?

What does infoservice have the skinhelper doesn't? Happy to add support for it if it provides something else, but more than likely it is in skinhelper also and I just haven't added a particular missing feature.
It all looks good, thank you. One small problem: I was incorrect about the naming for 2160 (4k). If you rename those two (monochrome + color) pngs to "4K.png" they will load correctly.

Edit: Actually another bug with extrafanart enabled: when switching between movies, the fanart always fades to black before the next fanart image fades in. If I disable extrafanart, it no longer fades to black in between.