Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (fuse)neue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-17, 04:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-17, 04:28)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Any plans for skin infoservice?

What does infoservice have the skinhelper doesn't? Happy to add support for it if it provides something else, but more than likely it is in skinhelper also and I just haven't added a particular missing feature.

Didn't know they did the same. I assumed infoservice provided the list of the movies in a set
(2017-03-17, 05:06)realjohngalt Wrote: [ -> ]It all looks good, thank you. One small problem: I was incorrect about the naming for 2160 (4k). If you rename those two (monochrome + color) pngs to "4K.png" they will load correctly.

Edit: Actually another bug with extrafanart enabled: when switching between movies, the fanart always fades to black before the next fanart image fades in. If I disable extrafanart, it no longer fades to black in between.
Ah so the "K" needs to be capitalised? Because I had 4k.png but maybe that doesn't work with case sensitive systems (e.g. linux / mac). Can you test with latest git and confirm it works as I have no 4k movies in my library.

Not much I can do about the extrafanart. There is a bit of a delay between focusing the movie and skinhelper filling the window property which results in the fade out.

(2017-03-17, 05:12)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't know they did the same. I assumed infoservice provided the list of the movies in a set
Yeah skin helper does all the stuff that infoservice can. I was just having a bit of a problem with library properties because I had forgotten to clear the widget id property that redirects skinhelper on leaving the home screen (so it was looking at the wrong control id in the library).

Now that is fixed I've added a bunch of information for movie sets.
The info line should now show the number of movies in the set, all the dates of the movies, the combined duration and the averaged rating.
In the plot box it will show all movie titles separated by a backslash "\" and then the combined plot for the movie set (I find the one that shows all plots separately a bit annoying as it takes so long to scroll so I prefered showing all titles then the combined plot -- you can always enter into the set to see individual plots).
I didn't catch that there was a 4k.png originally, it looks like case-sensitivity was the issue. The movie set stuff looks great as well.Thank you again.
@ jurialmunkey

I really like what you are doing with (fuse)neue
I especially like the consistent design through out.

I am by no means a skinner, however I have been modding Aeon Nox/Silvo to be similar to (fuse)neue, but (fuse)neue is better than my feeble attempts

My question is, why use widgets and a home screen in (fuse)neue? Could you instead bypass the traditional home menu/screen. Just use the View screen/s as the home menu screen.

I have got this to work in my aeon nox mod however with my skills I might finish in a year or two.

I hope you do not mind my asking this here.
thanks
(2017-03-17, 16:38)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]@ jurialmunkey

I really like what you are doing with (fuse)neue

I am by no means a skinner, however I have been modding Aeon Nox/Silvo to be similar to (fuse)neue, but (fuse)neue is better than my feeble attempts

My question is, why use widgets and a home screen in (fuse)neue? Could you instead bypass the traditional home menu/screen. Just use the View screen/s as the home menu screen.

I have got this to work in my aeon nox mod however with my skills I might finish in a year or two.

I hope you do not mind my asking this here.
thanks
I asked earlier about disabling the home screen (with a similar goal in mind), and was told it wouldn't be easy.

I think it would be neat to have the home screen gone, and after 1 minute idle start cycling through whatever list is shown (like the spotlight effect).

Edit: A potential bug: The color 4k mediaflag says "Altra" and not "Ultra" https://i.imgur.com/PxSzKBa.png and https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.fus...ion/4K.png
Hi jurialmunkey,

Nice skin, It's slowly growing on me Smile

synology NAS:
After entering user name the password option takes a long time to appear or sometimes doesn't show at all.
Jurialmunkey,

A couple of things that I think just started with the latest version

1) weather shows media flags underneath weather underground (middle right on screen shot)
2) when watching a show and press info, it lags for a couple of seconds

watch gallery
(2017-03-17, 16:38)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]I really like what you are doing with (fuse)neue

Thanks.
I just pushed an update to use the startupwindow setting.
"Settings > Interface > Other > Startup Window."

So combined with the press back to open the top bar option, this means you never have to go home
"Skin Settings > Home > Allow pressing back to open the top bar"

I'm a little concerned that entirely removing the home screen might cause a bunch of issues for certain use cases (I'm not sure what, but I'm sure there is something!).

Plus, now that I've implemented submenu widgets I've actually gone the other way with my setup on my htpc in the loungeroom. Instead I have a different widget for every home item so that you don't really even need to leave the home page (e.g. under movies I have a submenu item recently added and a widget that shows recently added, another that is recently played and then a widget that points to that playlist and so on). I'm finding this even more effective as the content is always readily available.

This way you have three different setup options:
1. The traditional way of a home screen and library sections.
2. A setup where pretty much everything is available from the home screen and the transition into the library occurs seamlessly.
3. A setup where you are always in the library and never really ever go home.

The basic idea is to get to your content with as few clicks as possible and have the transitions between different areas occur seamlessly so you aren't really thinking about where you are, you are just thinking about what content you want to watch/listen to. I can appreciate that there might be different preferences about what feels more natural to do this so "Por que no los dos?"

(2017-03-17, 23:43)realjohngalt Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: A potential bug: The color 4k mediaflag says "Altra" and not "Ultra" https://i.imgur.com/PxSzKBa.png and https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.fus...ion/4K.png

Yeah I noticed that. I didn't make the flags, I just used the ones from the resource file that Edworld supplied. I've sourced some other colour flags now so it just says HD 2160p -- though this isn't exactly ideal either as it should say 4K not HD so I'm thinking I might have to make my own (at least now it doesn't say altra though!)

(2017-03-18, 02:41)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jurialmunkey,

Nice skin, It's slowly growing on me Smile

synology NAS:
After entering user name the password option takes a long time to appear or sometimes doesn't show at all.
Thanks.

Are you sure this only happens in this skin? I don't use a NAS so I can't really test, though I can't imagine what in particular would cause this behaviour in only this skin.
(2017-03-18, 05:32)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey,

1) weather shows media flags underneath weather underground (middle right on screen shot)
Can you test with latest git. The flag issue should be fixed.

If you mean the info overlay from pressing info on the remote, I don't get any lag there at all. The "information" button that launches extended info has a little bit of lag, but that is expected and not much I can do about it (sometimes the script takes a moment to load). But the overlay with the poster and plot pops up straight away for me (with a slight fade in, but that starts immediately). Really not sure what could cause a lag there.
(2017-03-18, 05:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-18, 05:32)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey,

Can you test with latest git. The flag issue should be fixed.

If you mean the info overlay from pressing info on the remote, I don't get any lag there at all. The "information" button that launches extended info has a little bit of lag, but that is expected and not much I can do about it (sometimes the script takes a moment to load). But the overlay with the poster and plot pops up straight away for me (with a slight fade in, but that starts immediately). Really not sure what could cause a lag there.

So I no longer see the media flags when in weather, but if I scroll to the left, I can see them for a second. This is scrolling left from weather to add-ons
(2017-03-18, 06:16)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]So I no longer see the media flags when in weather, but if I scroll to the left, I can see them for a second. This is scrolling left from weather to add-ons

Ah yes I see. Should be fixed now. Had to add little delay to their visibility. Let me know if they are still showing and I will increase the delay (not showing on my end now, but maybe on a different system might need a bit extra delay).
Hi Jurial, thanks for your new skin, I really likes it

I have a problem with sets, all my sets have there own fanart and I can see it for a second and then disappear and if the set exist on TMDB (I think) it start polling fanart from there
Most of my sets is custom sets not existing in TMDB so I get no fanart at all for them
Is it possible to only use fanart for sets from KODI db?
(2017-03-18, 13:12)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurial, thanks for your new skin, I really likes it

I have a problem with sets, all my sets have there own fanart and I can see it for a second and then disappear and if the set exist on TMDB (I think) it start polling fanart from there
Most of my sets is custom sets not existing in TMDB so I get no fanart at all for them
Is it possible to only use fanart for sets from KODI db?

Glad you like it Smile

Do you have extrafanart or animated posters enabled? As long as those are *disabled* the skin should use fanart from the kodi database.
You can turn extrafanart on/off from the library options menu at the bottom in the status bar.
Animated art is turned on/off in Skin Settings > Artwork.
Thanks, it was the extrafanart that was on, so now it's working for me

Where have the alphabet for movies, shows gone, can't see it anymore?
@jurialmunkey

Thank you for the reply and all the tips and info.
I am going to grab the latest version now. I hope to load it on one of our HTPC so my wife can test it this weekend. I think it is wife approval ready now.
Wish me luck

thanks again for all your work and support!