Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (fuse)neue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-26, 16:30)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]poster view no disc been showing
select a movie (goes to the screen with all the cast trailer and stuff)
then it slides the discart up and rotates
hit back button to go back to the movie selection as you do that the disc stops and slides back down then select another movie (goes to the screen with all the cast trailer and stuff)
Yeah I like this solution better. Avoids all the issues. I was thinking that discart in the main view is a bit over the top anyway, particularly with rotation. Only in the info dialog I think is a nice touch, so I made it the default (still an option to disable it, but by default it is on).
(2017-03-27, 03:07)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-26, 18:46)leon_tamp Wrote: [ -> ]OH MY!OH MY!
This skin is PERFECT in every aspect!II kinda hate gradients but you provide us with a flat option too so there is LITTERALLY nothing bad or ugly to think of....
Submenu widgets?PERFECT!!!! I don't even have to enter the main menu item at all right now!EVERYTHING is one click away!!!
Color scheme and overall layout?PERFECT!!!Dark color -easy for the eyes- with colored highlights?What else to ask for?
I only have one question...And i am really sorry if it is already answered but...Will you add more view options for movies, tv shows etc or it is not possible because of the layout the skin is built on?

I am low on resources (money) right now (The advantages of being a Greek citizen these days... Confused ) but with the next paycheck i will sure donate!
Thanks for sharing this!! Smile

I can answer this one. The whole concept of this skin is to keep functionality as simple as possible and only one view will ever be available. It's good for me because my family gets sick of me changing things and this doesn't give me the opportunity Tongue
Yep, pretty much what mark2112 said. Also, because of the layout, the types of views available really are pretty much limited to either a single row of horizontal images or a vertical list. I haven't really found any cases where multiple viewtypes even make sense (except tvshows and there is an option in skin settings to switch between posters and landscape) -- the only place changing views makes sense to me is in certain addons that don't set their content types correctly and in those cases it really is the addon that needs fixing, not the skin.
(2017-03-27, 03:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-26, 16:30)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]poster view no disc been showing
select a movie (goes to the screen with all the cast trailer and stuff)
then it slides the discart up and rotates
hit back button to go back to the movie selection as you do that the disc stops and slides back down then select another movie (goes to the screen with all the cast trailer and stuff)
Yeah I like this solution better. Avoids all the issues. I was thinking that discart in the main view is a bit over the top anyway, particularly with rotation. Only in the info dialog I think is a nice touch, so I made it the default (still an option to disable it, but by default it is on).

A big thanks to that mate, it does add a nice touch because it looks like your going to play the movie when in the info screen when the disc slides up and starts to spin.

I do a lot of discart design on fanart website and would be a shame not to use them as I love this skin. will test it out when you add it

cheers

oh I put the spin speed to 1000 as I think you had it at 2000 as it needed to be speeded up a littlie bit as it gave it better effect, hope you can do that.
(2017-03-27, 03:07)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-26, 18:46)leon_tamp Wrote: [ -> ]OH MY!OH MY!
This skin is PERFECT in every aspect!II kinda hate gradients but you provide us with a flat option too so there is LITTERALLY nothing bad or ugly to think of....
Submenu widgets?PERFECT!!!! I don't even have to enter the main menu item at all right now!EVERYTHING is one click away!!!
Color scheme and overall layout?PERFECT!!!Dark color -easy for the eyes- with colored highlights?What else to ask for?
I only have one question...And i am really sorry if it is already answered but...Will you add more view options for movies, tv shows etc or it is not possible because of the layout the skin is built on?

I am low on resources (money) right now (The advantages of being a Greek citizen these days... Confused ) but with the next paycheck i will sure donate!
Thanks for sharing this!! Smile

I can answer this one. The whole concept of this skin is to keep functionality as simple as possible and only one view will ever be available. It's good for me because my family gets sick of me changing things and this doesn't give me the opportunity Tongue

I think giving at least the option to switch to the list view would help the user experience in some of the menus
(2017-03-27, 12:29)Uk0kA Wrote: [ -> ]I think giving at least the option to switch to the list view would help the user experience in some of the menus

Which parts? As I said, providing view options breaks the ability to auto select views based upon content type, though if there are certain views or content types that need changing I'm willing to hear suggestions. For instance, I'm pretty keen to change the "tiles" viewtype (the one that is a 2x3 grid) to the list type as I find the two rows hard to follow.
@jurialmunkey I don't know how you do it but each time you nail a skin.
Not only in how it looks but also how it navigates...
I don't like any of the other skins out there for one or more reasons but somehow your skins are first class.
Once the skin is more mature I'll test it on my daily PVR capable htpc.
@jurialmunkey
I use the SimpleFavourites add-on to organize addons and videos.
It would be helpful to assign views as needed for these.
for example a VideoFavourites folder assigned to a home widget or a submenu appear in tile view. I would prefer it to display as a normal video with poster view.

i suspect this has something to do with the SimpleFavourites folded being assigned through the add-on so Fuse thinks they are addons and displays accordingly.

i can live with it as is but it is not ideal.

Also, you are making changes to (fuse)neue faster than i can keep up with on my big mod. Smile

Thanks
(2017-03-27, 03:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, pretty much what mark2112 said. Also, because of the layout, the types of views available really are pretty much limited to either a single row of horizontal images or a vertical list. I haven't really found any cases where multiple viewtypes even make sense (except tvshows and there is an option in skin settings to switch between posters and landscape) -- the only place changing views makes sense to me is in certain addons that don't set their content types correctly and in those cases it really is the addon that needs fixing, not the skin.
Well at first i imagined this...When you enter a menu with videos for example, all the menu that is now at the bottom slides up a little more, filling the space until it reaches the bottom of the top bar, so there iis actually more space to play with the views...Don't get me wrong i have no idea if this can be done and even if it is i don't know if it will look as good as it is now with your current layout...
(2017-03-27, 12:29)Uk0kA Wrote: [ -> ]I think giving at least the option to switch to the list view would help the user experience in some of the menus

This was the second thing i think of... I would like to have an option to change from the current view, that it is either poster,thumbnail or square to a simple list...For example at TV shows/Seasons i already see the same poster twice...I think it wiould look better if i had seasons in list view and keep the big poster on the left as it is now....I hope you understand what i mean... Tongue
Nevertheless you and your skins ROCK Big Grin
Hi mate just got your update and it looks much better now but could you reverse the disc spin and also speed it up ? I changed it to this and looks much better

<animation effect="rotate" start="360" end="0" loop="true" time="7500" center="auto" reversible="false" condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(RotateDisc))">Conditional</animation>

also could you have a poster view like this without the movie info
http://i63.tinypic.com/xmonpt.jpg
and then when you select the movie it then slides up like this but could be in time with the disc slide up
http://tinypic.com/r/2cmst91/9

this you could have a option for none auto info page users who just play the movie straight away or have it like it is now ?

also would be great if you could place the trailer button next to the play button instead of cast

thanks
@jurialmunkey,

When downloading a subtile for the first time the OSD stays. would to be possible that after downloading subtiles the OSD shortly disappears. The OSD only disappears after downloading a second subtile.

Feature Request:

can you please add a do not pause option when accessing information for TV shows and movies

Thanks
(2017-03-27, 14:35)Woppie Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey I don't know how you do it but each time you nail a skin.
I don't like any of the other skins out there for one or more reasons but somehow your skins are first class.

+1

I use arctic too, and both are perfect!
Hello Jurial,

Would you consider adding some indication of which item is selected on a widget when it is just auto scrolling? When you actually select the widget, you have a border around the selected item (poster or otherwise), but not when the menu option is selected and the widget is shown and auto scrolls.

Also, would you consider adding a button to lookup all artwork for a movie/tv show via Artwork Downloader? I don't know what the mode is called, but in other skins you can lookup all available artwork for a movie or tv show. For example, in Aeon MadNox, the option is called Artwork Downloader - Auto. In this mode, you don't have to select which artwork type to download, it just downloads all available artwork. I find this really useful when you just have added a few movies or tv shows, instead of letting Artwork Downloader run against the whole library to update the artwork for a few items. In my case, this is significant, since I have 4500+ movies and 400+ tv shows in my library.

Thank you for considering my requests.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-03-27, 14:35)Woppie Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey I don't know how you do it but each time you nail a skin.
Haha, thanks Big Grin
Yeah navigation is something that is really important that can often be overlooked.
PVR testing would be great as I no longer have working PVR as I can't get reception at my place, so now I rely on the demo pvr addon for skinning.

(2017-03-27, 14:40)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey
I use the SimpleFavourites add-on to organize addons and videos.
It would be helpful to assign views as needed for these.
for example a VideoFavourites folder assigned to a home widget or a submenu appear in tile view. I would prefer it to display as a normal video with poster view.
Why not use library nodes or smart playlists to organise videos?
I will probably end up caving and adding view options eventually, but for now it is a bit of a pain to code (particularly for home widgets) whilst also maintaining the original idea of having the view automatically selected.

(2017-03-27, 15:20)leon_tamp Wrote: [ -> ]Well at first i imagined this...When you enter a menu with videos for example, all the menu that is now at the bottom slides up a little more, filling the space until it reaches the bottom of the top bar, so there iis actually more space to play with the views...Don't get me wrong i have no idea if this can be done and even if it is i don't know if it will look as good as it is now with your current layout...
I can see what you are saying, but I think it sort of defeats the purpose and idea of the skin. There are plenty of full screen viewtype skins out there. I am specifically going for something a little different here.

(2017-03-27, 15:20)leon_tamp Wrote: [ -> ]
This was the second thing i think of... I would like to have an option to change from the current view, that it is either poster,thumbnail or square to a simple list...For example at TV shows/Seasons i already see the same poster twice...I think it wiould look better if i had seasons in list view and keep the big poster on the left as it is now....I hope you understand what i mean... Tongue
Nevertheless you and your skins ROCK Big Grin
Yeah I can see the value in having the option for a list view in seasons, will eventually add an option for this.

(2017-03-27, 17:17)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mate just got your update and it looks much better now but could you reverse the disc spin and also speed it up ? I changed it to this and looks much better
I reversed the direction (definitely should've been going the other way!). But I'm not so keen on speeding it up, I'm not sure if the speed changes depending on the system, but on what I've tested on I think it is fast enough as is. You can always make that change yourself as its not difficult.

(2017-03-27, 17:17)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]also could you have a poster view like this without the movie info
and then when you select the movie it then slides up like this but could be in time with the disc slide up
also would be great if you could place the trailer button next to the play button instead of cast
I have been meaning to add an option for this, so I've added it on latest git.
Skin Settings > Miscelllaneous > Hide plot

Also moved the trailer button.

(2017-03-27, 19:08)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]When downloading a subtile for the first time the OSD stays. would to be possible that after downloading subtiles the OSD shortly disappears. The OSD only disappears after downloading a second subtile.

can you please add a do not pause option when accessing information for TV shows and movies
The OSD shouldn't close at all previously. But I do agree that it makes sense to close it when downloading subtitles, so I've made that change.
I've added the don't pause option
Skin Settings > Video/Music OSD > Pause video when opening information

(2017-03-28, 00:59)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
+1
I use arctic too, and both are perfect!
Thanks guys!
I try my best Big Grin

(2017-03-28, 02:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Would you consider adding some indication of which item is selected on a widget when it is just auto scrolling? When you actually select the widget, you have a border around the selected item (poster or otherwise), but not when the menu option is selected and the widget is shown and auto scrolls.

Also, would you consider adding a button to lookup all artwork for a movie/tv show via Artwork Downloader? I don't know what the mode is called, but in other skins you can lookup all available artwork for a movie or tv show. For example, in Aeon MadNox, the option is called Artwork Downloader - Auto. In this mode, you don't have to select which artwork type to download, it just downloads all available artwork. I find this really useful when you just have added a few movies or tv shows, instead of letting Artwork Downloader run against the whole library to update the artwork for a few items. In my case, this is significant, since I have 4500+ movies and 400+ tv shows in my library.
I'm not so keen on adding an indicator when not focused as I feel it distracts from where the proper focus is. Plus the big poster and title should tell you what item is focused (though I understand with tv episodes the appeal, but overall I think it is distracting).

Added an option to switch the artwork button to download all.
Skin Settings > Artwork > Artwork button downloads all available artwork ...
@jurialmunkey

thanks for doing that. looking good. like how the disc and info bar are all synced.
(2017-03-28, 14:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-27, 19:08)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]When downloading a subtile for the first time the OSD stays. would to be possible that after downloading subtiles the OSD shortly disappears. The OSD only disappears after downloading a second subtile.

The OSD shouldn't close at all previously. But I do agree that it makes sense to close it when downloading subtitles, so I've made that change.
I've added the don't pause option
Skin Settings > Video/Music OSD > Pause video when opening information

Thank you!!!

As you know, I love this skin. Another donation on its way Wink