Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (fuse)neue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Possible to get a scrollbar for tv channels?
I need to test this really son...
About the season posters, the only thing that doesn't work on kodi ( I think) it's the season poster in the infopage at a season level. on the rest it works (on episodes level and at a season level on the view)

keep up the good work
(2017-03-06, 02:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-05, 15:47)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]Testing pvr right now, some suggestions.
-remove dim when change channel in fullscreen live tv (+- from remote)
-add epg info to "tv channels"
-make epg info window in timeline epg smaller so we can se more of live tv screen

Thanks really nice skin !
Thanks.
Yeah the dimming needs some tweaking, will look into it later today when I'm home.
I'll see if I can work out a way to get info into tvchannels screen. It's a bit difficult with a square aspect logo because cant expand the info blade because it expands past the logo height.
I might add an option to lower the info blade in the epg, I'll try some things out. I'm keen to keep everything the same sizing and not have different sizing for different windows though.

(2017-03-05, 16:27)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been able to setup the weather widget, but that is probably me doing something wrong. However I did notice some redundancy on the image below. I think you can eliminate center bottom label of city / temperature
There currently isn't a weather widget, only the weather window.
Ah yeah I see. Will remove that when I'm home later today.

(2017-03-05, 17:21)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]I went into skin settings / extras and click on the color options and the color pallette didnt pop up. I believe I have all the skin helper addons installed.
The popcorn comes from the rotten tomatoes site.
Yeah I realised about the popcorn when I checked against the Arctic mod. I added that and tmdb rating.
When I was testing on my libreelec setup I noticed that it doesn't prompt you to install the colorpicker if its missing. What is really odd is if I switch to Eminence and use the exact same function it prompts you to install as it should when you have a missing addon. I really don't understand why that happens. I might need to add a page to install dependencies - though maybe it was to do with the recent updates of skinhelper in the official repo.

Here is a direct link to colorpicker addon if you need to manually install:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.0.12.zip

(2017-03-05, 21:17)Dicky142 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive fallen in love mate, simply beautiful, the only niggle i have is that the PVR guide, is it a massive job to port the original arctic zephyr pvr guide into this??
Im quite able in perfoming work on xmls and the like even though im quiet on here..
Didnt want to sit and attempt it if its not possible thats all..
Again, thanks for this one, my new number 1 by far and thats been Xonfluence for a long time now..
Thanks Big Grin

Definitely possible, but might be a bit of a big job. The colour definitions are different so you would need to change them, plus likely missing includes and different fonts. Plus my defaults.xml has different things in it, so some of the labels might be positioned incorrectly (arctic zephyr has a default height tag set whereas this skin does not (so I can use top and bottom instead), so you need to add <height>66</height> to labels etc.).

Can I ask what is the issue with the pvr guide, as it is very much a work in progress still so I'm happy to hear suggestions. Is it just because you can't see as many channels? (because height of it is unlikely to change...)

(2017-03-06, 01:28)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]What is the difference between thumb and artwork? I don't have the thumb button on windows 7. What other buttons are available? I moved my flags down and want to make sure that I am not using space that is there for buttons
One was using Artwork Downloader and the other the built in Kodi artwork selector. I removed the artwork downloader button and renamed the "get thumb" to artwork. No need for Artwork downloader if I'm not using clearart/logo/discart etc. (originally was going to use discart and logo, but decided they don't really fit).

Hi mate, its just a personal preference thats all.. ive made a few mods too this already so its certainly something im going too look at, 8 just love the way the pvr guide in arctic zephyr is laid out top half with all info below thats all..

Ive added a couple more shortcuts bottom left alongside power to access my most used addons (cbeebies a-z in the iplayerWWW addon) and to my pvr guide, that way i can have the menu/submenus for my library content off my NAS..

This is a real work of art mate, dont change anything for me, you do a top job its just personal prefences thats all buddy..

Thank you
(2017-03-07, 11:04)stujohaigh Wrote: [ -> ]That's brill, takes the skin to another level. And can't believe how fast was implemented too. Thanks.
I have to say I was skeptical at first, thought it was complete overkill. However, now that I have it working and setup on the loungeroom htpc, I cant believe I ever had it any other way. It makes complete sense. So thank you for the suggestion to motivate me to do it! Big Grin

(2017-03-07, 11:41)Aventus Wrote: [ -> ]Possible to get a scrollbar for tv channels?
Done. Added on right side.

(2017-03-07, 11:43)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]I need to test this really son...
About the season posters, the only thing that doesn't work on kodi ( I think) it's the season poster in the infopage at a season level. on the rest it works (on episodes level and at a season level on the view)

keep up the good work
Yeah I'm not sure when this addition was made. It has always been the case that you couldn't get season posters at episode level at all - used to have to resort to some pretty ugly hacks.

(2017-03-07, 13:13)Dicky142 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mate, its just a personal preference thats all.. ive made a few mods too this already so its certainly something im going too look at, 8 just love the way the pvr guide in arctic zephyr is laid out top half with all info below thats all..

Ive added a couple more shortcuts bottom left alongside power to access my most used addons (cbeebies a-z in the iplayerWWW addon) and to my pvr guide, that way i can have the menu/submenus for my library content off my NAS..

This is a real work of art mate, dont change anything for me, you do a top job its just personal prefences thats all buddy..

Thank you
Ah ok, no worries.

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the skin Smile
Excellent work! Smile
Is there any way to set Favourites as widget or set a selection of deep links with custom icons to the home screen widget bar? Xperience1080 has this feature and i always loved it because that offers a huge potential for customisability without making it complicated (from a user perspective).
(2017-03-07, 13:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-07, 11:04)stujohaigh Wrote: [ -> ]That's brill, takes the skin to another level. And can't believe how fast was implemented too. Thanks.
I have to say I was skeptical at first, thought it was complete overkill. However, now that I have it working and setup on the loungeroom htpc, I cant believe I ever had it any other way. It makes complete sense. So thank you for the suggestion to motivate me to do it! Big Grin

Not a problem. I've been looking for a skin that gave sub menus a widget for a while and even tried it myself hardcoding the original fuse but gave up.
Just a thought for the sub menu now it can have widgets, what about bringing it down from the main menu to above the widget description just to give it that link. Just seems a bit high up and having to look from top of screen to bottom when changing widget... Just a thought...
A feature I like from the titan skin is the ability for artwork downloader to over write addon artwork i.e animated posters and backgrounds. Would you be willing to include this feature?
Keep up the excellent work.
(2017-03-07, 15:14)Doc.Ex Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent work! Smile
Is there any way to set Favourites as widget or set a selection of deep links with custom icons to the home screen widget bar? Xperience1080 has this feature and i always loved it because that offers a huge potential for customisability without making it complicated (from a user perspective).
Yes skin helper widgets provides a favourites widget.
If you don't have the addon you can install it from Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies

Then in Home Customisation menu widget selection go
Default Widgets > Skin Helper Service Widgets > Favourites > Favourites

I recommend using the latest git version of the skin as I added some code to ensure that the favourites widget is the right aspect ratio (square).

(2017-03-07, 21:16)stujohaigh Wrote: [ -> ]Not a problem. I've been looking for a skin that gave sub menus a widget for a while and even tried it myself hardcoding the original fuse but gave up.
Just a thought for the sub menu now it can have widgets, what about bringing it down from the main menu to above the widget description just to give it that link. Just seems a bit high up and having to look from top of screen to bottom when changing widget... Just a thought...
A feature I like from the titan skin is the ability for artwork downloader to over write addon artwork i.e animated posters and backgrounds. Would you be willing to include this feature?
Keep up the excellent work.
I'm not so keen on separating the submenu from the main menu - I can imagine there are a lot of use scenarios where users dont want to use submenu widgets. I get what you are saying though -- eventually I plan on having an option to switch the position of the menu with the thin bottom bar that has the clock (so clock / progress etc is at the top of the screen and the menu bar is at the bottom). But that is a massive job, so is quite a while away.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the titan skin feature. I will have to look into it. Do you just mean enabling animated poster/fanart - I think that is a feature of skinhelper. If so, yes that is a possibility - though I've never tried it before. I will also be adding extrafanart support in the future.
Hi Jurial, I'm getting some funky behaviour with some video addons. I'm not sure if you use the iview addon but the view keeps changing. It's not just on entering but every part. So I enter the addon which will be landscape , then enter say ABC4kids and the list of shows will be the list view and then the episodes will be landscape again but then exiting the episodes the shows will be landscape instead of list. This is a random example because it consistently changes. Youtube works the same everytime so I'm assuming its the way the iview app is coded.
Jurialmunkey,

Just installed the latest version and at least with windows 7 all posters are cd size in home screen. If you click on movies or tvshows the correct size is displayed.
(2017-03-08, 04:49)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurial, I'm getting some funky behaviour with some video addons. I'm not sure if you use the iview addon but the view keeps changing. It's not just on entering but every part. So I enter the addon which will be landscape , then enter say ABC4kids and the list of shows will be the list view and then the episodes will be landscape again but then exiting the episodes the shows will be landscape instead of list. This is a random example because it consistently changes. Youtube works the same everytime so I'm assuming its the way the iview app is coded.
Yeah I use iview and sbs on demand - it is how they are (badly) coded, they have really inconsistent content type settings (randomly switches between none, videos, tvshows, and episodes - and I can't really find a pattern to how it occurs). I might have to add a hard coded exception for these plugins because it irritates me to no end! I would say take it up with the addon author, but with those plugins the development seems pretty inconsistent so I'm not sure if you would get a response.

(2017-03-08, 06:09)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey,

Just installed the latest version and at least with windows 7 all posters are cd size in home screen. If you click on movies or tvshows the correct size is displayed.
I made some changes earlier today.
Can you grab me your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file from the 1080i folder. Put it on pastebin and post it here, or you can pm with it if you dont want to share it on the forum.

I want to look at what widgets are causing this so I can recreate the setup and see what is going wrong, because I thought I fixed all these issues.
(2017-03-08, 07:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-08, 06:09)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey,

I made some changes earlier today.
Can you grab me your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file from the 1080i folder. Put it on pastebin and post it here, or you can pm with it if you dont want to share it on the forum.

I want to look at what widgets are causing this so I can recreate the setup and see what is going wrong, because I thought I fixed all these issues.

Same problem here with the skin from git (a174cd0c) on both linux (krypton 17.1 rc) and libreelec8 (same). Here's on the (basically stock) linux system: http://sprunge.us/RhCA

And here's a screenshot of the issue: Image

I'm interested in disabling the home screen entirely, so I can embrace the accessible menu.
(2017-03-08, 08:14)realjohngalt Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem here with the skin from git (a174cd0c) on both linux (krypton 17.1 rc) and libreelec8 (same). Here's on the (basically stock) linux system: http://sprunge.us/RhCA

I'm interested in disabling the home screen entirely, so I can embrace the accessible menu.

Thanks for that - the shortcuts file helped me pinpoint the problem.
In testing every single permutation of setup I could think of, I forgot to test the default widget setup hahahaha.

Hopefully should be fixed now.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to entirely disable the home screen.
In Settings > Interface > Other > Start up window
You can change the window that opens on startup to something like movies.
And then with Skin Setting > Home > Allow Pressing Back to Open top bar
you would rarely find yourself going home.
It's working great now, thank you. I'm liking the home screen more since I've seen the widget view functioning correctly -- gorgeous layout.
Here's a small patch to use landscape images if available for tv, and move the episode count for a more minimal view. Just wget or curl it, and patch -p1 < egKT

Patch:
http://sprunge.us/egKT

Screenshot:
(2017-03-08, 11:23)realjohngalt Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a small patch to use landscape images if available for tv, and move the episode count for a more minimal view. Just wget or curl it, and patch -p1 < egKT

Patch:
http://sprunge.us/egKT

Excellent. Thanks. Big Grin

I completely forgot about landscape art. Added it in. Also added back in artwork downloader button to info dialog (now that there is support for additional artwork not available in the get thumb dialog).

I had to slightly modify your conditions for the label visibility as label2 is needed under certain sorting conditions (like User Rating or Premiered Date or MPAA etc.)