Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (fuse)neue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi jurialmunkey,

some bugs/suggestions I've found so far.

The Button position overlays the lists when searching for movie information.

The watched and restore icons looks pretty similar. Maybe you'll find some more different icons.. :-)

I know you tought off not providing different view types for movies and series.
But I like the blank list view you're using in PVR and I'd like to see this view coming to the other categories also.

Btw.. the watched/restore icons are missing in the list view ;-)

Regards
matze276
(2017-03-08, 12:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-08, 11:23)realjohngalt Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a small patch to use landscape images if available for tv, and move the episode count for a more minimal view. Just wget or curl it, and patch -p1 < egKT

Patch:
http://sprunge.us/egKT

Excellent. Thanks. Big Grin

I completely forgot about landscape art. Added it in. Also added back in artwork downloader button to info dialog (now that there is support for additional artwork not available in the get thumb dialog).
Police
I had to slightly modify your conditions for the label visibility as label2 is needed under certain sorting conditions (like User Rating or Premiered Date or MPAA etc.)

Thank you. I'm new to this skinning system, and totally forgot about those other conditions.
(2017-03-08, 20:01)matze276 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jurialmunkey,

some bugs/suggestions I've found so far.

The Button position overlays the lists when searching for movie information.

The watched and restore icons looks pretty similar. Maybe you'll find some more different icons.. :-)

I know you tought off not providing different view types for movies and series.
But I like the blank list view you're using in PVR and I'd like to see this view coming to the other categories also.

Btw.. the watched/restore icons are missing in the list view ;-)
Thanks for the bug report.
Button overlap is fixed now.
I completely agree about the indicators, I've changed them on the latest git. I think they are much more readily distinguishable now.
Yeah I really don't want any user set viewtypes. The idea is that the skin is ready to go out of the box. Just customise your menu how you want and that's it.

Will add indicators to pvr list. Just haven't got to it yet.

(2017-03-08, 20:50)realjohngalt Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I'm new to this skinning system, and totally forgot about those other conditions.
No problem.
I think probably 95% of users never change the sorting options, but considering that I'm making it the sort method and direction visible in the status bar at the bottom then I think it is probably important that I actually put effort into supporting sort methods Wink
Jurialmunkey,

Just noticed that you added weather as a fallback widget. Can you add the city to the bottom bar?

watch gallery
@Edworld, done.
Hi jurialmunkey,

Is there any way you could add an option to have the sub menu vertical instead of horizontal. (like in the mimic skin). I've setup the skin and it look perfect apart from the sub menu bugging me a little.

Regards
Hm.. the submenu looks cool and I would leave it there.
What I don't like is if you want to scroll through the widgets you always have to key down twice to skip the submenu.

Just an idea - not sure how intuitive it is.

Key down leads you directly to the widgets and pressing key up slides the submenu down - otherwise it's hidden.
Could be confusing but maybe a nice way to avoid pressing key down twice for the widgets..
(2017-03-09, 17:53)matze276 Wrote: [ -> ]Hm.. the submenu looks cool and I would leave it there.
What I don't like is if you want to scroll through the widgets you always have to key down twice to skip the submenu.

Just an idea - not sure how intuitive it is.

Key down leads you directly to the widgets and pressing key up slides the submenu down - otherwise it's hidden.
Could be confusing but maybe a nice way to avoid pressing key down twice for the widgets..

That would be a good idea as I noticed that if you have a widget set for the main menu item and for the submenus you can't get to the main menu widget as it changes once you go onto the sub menu, but I think this idea would solve that.
Regarding the direction of the sub menu I thought people would like it as it is, therefore I thought a option in the settings to change the direction.
I think vertical (in the right format) would again add another layer to the skin - especially if widgets set to submenus.
Not keen on changing ondown action as I think it would be counterintuitive, but what if I add the ability to press up from main menu to go directly to the widgets?

Also I'm not super keen on adding a different style menu any time soon as there is already an insane amount of conditions for various actions in the skin. Maybe once everything is working smoothly, but for now I'm not really keen on adding another layer of complexity to my code.
This skin seems pretty much finished (using day to day with ease and family not complaining). Have you thought about changing some dialogs to fit with the bottom half theme. Like instead of cast popping up in an Artic style box, having the cast running horizontal along the bottom with the selected cast member in the poster so you're not departing from the "one view" idea. Probably a lot more coding but it would look really tidy
(2017-03-09, 10:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Edworld, done.

Thanks
(2017-03-10, 02:46)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]This skin seems pretty much finished (using day to day with ease and family not complaining). Have you thought about changing some dialogs to fit with the bottom half theme. Like instead of cast popping up in an Artic style box, having the cast running horizontal along the bottom with the selected cast member in the poster so you're not departing from the "one view" idea. Probably a lot more coding but it would look really tidy

I've been thinking about this a lot over the past couple of days.
The main thing that is stopping me is that underneath a small poster there isn't a great deal of space (both horizontally and vertically) to fit both a cast member name and their role. In arctic I really dislike how squished the text is, and there the cast member posters are bigger (and so more horizontal space for text) than they are here.

My only thought for this is to use the "tiles" view (the one in the addon browser where there are 2 rows and 3 columns, icon on left and text on right) for any cast/crew/keyword views and then the posters view for director/similar movies etc. Though I'm not that keen on the tiles view as I think it is much harder to follow (don't really like 2 rows when scrolling horizontal as it involves a lot of eye scanning movement to take everything in).

I'm very seriously considering it, its just that I have to come up with an implementation that will work well.
Yeah I understand the lack of room is as issue. I was thinking of the poster view but your right that there isn't much room unless you overlaid it on the image. I agree that two rows on horizontal lists can be hard to follow, especially with a long list you find your eyes darting all over the place. Either way it's no big deal. You've probably got plenty of core issues with to fix first like TV show next aired to skin (hint). Smile
From the link given on the first post > download as zip > extract > rename without -master > .zip > installation failed couldn't install dependencies. Any idea?
(2017-03-10, 07:36)firewater Wrote: [ -> ]From the link given on the first post > download as zip > extract > rename without -master > .zip > installation failed couldn't install dependencies. Any idea?

Have you installed the dependencies listed in the first post?

Debug log would be helpful.