Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (fuse)neue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually, I am not sure how much the DialogAddonSettings.xml file varies from skin to skin, but I found a new one for the Horizon skin. Here's what I did:

1. In the addon.xml file of the fuse skin folder, changed the Kodi GUI version to 5.14.0 (not 13)
2. In the 1080i folder, replaced DialogAddonSettings.xml with the one mentioned above
3. Zipped up the entire Fuse folder and saved that zip to a location accessible from the File Manager
4. Went to Settings>Add-ons>Install from zip file and selected the newly created zip. Kodi displayed "Fuse(Neue) Add-on Updated"
5. Went to Settings>Interface and the Fuse skin was now in the menu. Selected it and voila!

Looks like everything is working same as before. Fingers crossed! Love this skin.
(2019-01-31, 23:55)horizons1 Wrote: [ -> ]The instructions at this link to workaround Fuse for Leia includes a link to a missing DialogAddonSettings.xml file. If anyone has it, could you re-post please?!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2654778

I copied this out of one that is compatible with 18, not sure if it's any different though and I haven't tried it yet.

xml:

<window>
  <defaultcontrol always="true">2</defaultcontrol>
  <controls>
    <control type="group">
      <animation type="WindowOpen" condition="Window.IsVisible(contentsettings) | Window.IsVisible(SubtitleSearch)" reversible="false">
        <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="0" delay="310"/>
      </animation>
      <include condition="!Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + !Window.IsActive(visualisation)">DialogAddonSettings</include>
      <include condition="Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) | Window.IsActive(visualisation)">DialogAddonSettingsOSD</include>
    </control>
  </controls>
</window>
(2019-02-01, 06:26)KrakaJap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-31, 23:55)horizons1 Wrote: [ -> ]The instructions at this link to workaround Fuse for Leia includes a link to a missing DialogAddonSettings.xml file. If anyone has it, could you re-post please?!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2654778

I copied this out of one that is compatible with 18, not sure if it's any different though and I haven't tried it yet.

xml:

<window>
  <defaultcontrol always="true">2</defaultcontrol>
  <controls>
    <control type="group">
      <animation type="WindowOpen" condition="Window.IsVisible(contentsettings) | Window.IsVisible(SubtitleSearch)" reversible="false">
        <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="0" delay="310"/>
      </animation>
      <include condition="!Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + !Window.IsActive(visualisation)">DialogAddonSettings</include>
      <include condition="Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) | Window.IsActive(visualisation)">DialogAddonSettingsOSD</include>
    </control>
  </controls>
</window>

Thanks Kraka. Per my post above, I was able to get it working with the Horizon version of that file, which is pretty different from what you posted. I assume this file controls how the add-ons are accessed or browsed, but I haven't seen anything strange using this one below.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2614171

Also, even if this file is wrong and something funky happens when browsing add-ons, I could always switch to Estuary any time I need that. That'd be a small price to pay to have Fuse working in Leia. All seems to be well!
If this is all that's really needed to get it working good, it shouldn't take too long to get fuse updated officially.  I love this skin but I've also been tempted to just go full stock.  Really, I don't use or pay much attention to any of the addons, I just like the way it looks.
Getting the skin to work in Kodi 18 is simple

As per other instructions bump the gui version number up to 14 in addon.xml then you need to edit the Dialogaddonsettings.xml - just follow the instructions here
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2603091.

I suspect there needs to be a more comprehensive edit to make it fly, but that is enough to get it working for now
Do I need to only change the ids (if so what about the new id 12) or do I need to totaly change the file content with that?

Edit : Changing the whole file content seems to do the job! Happy to get my dear (fuse)neue skin back Smile
(2019-02-01, 20:41)justin150 Wrote: [ -> ]Getting the skin to work in Kodi 18 is simple

As per other instructions bump the gui version number up to 14 in addon.xml then you need to edit the Dialogaddonsettings.xml - just follow the instructions here
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2603091.

I suspect there needs to be a more comprehensive edit to make it fly, but that is enough to get it working for now
 Cool, all those changes are consistent with the file I found for the Horizon skin, other than a different window id but that's fine - no conflict with fuse file ids.

Thanks for posting this.
Guys,
I am having a hard time enabling Fuse skin for Kodi 18. I cannot find that Horizon skin that you are using for Dialogaddonsettings.xml file. Can you upload this file somewhere?
Also - any idea when we can have official release for Kodi 18 of this skin?

thanks!
See my post above, there is a link to the needed file content
this did the trick. thanks!
Only https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2614171 works fully.
Other options (e.g. manual changes by following the guide above, or file from estuary skin) breaks addon's settings dialogs. At least on my environment.

horizons1, thanks for the link!
Just followed the instructions to re-enable the skin but something's not working correctly:

- Changed GUI version in the "addon.xml" file to "5.14.0"
- Replaced the "Dialogaddonsettings.xml" file from the Horizon skin, as instructed by @qazerr 

When I'm in the Movies menu (for example) and I press the down key on the remote (to get to the options menu, at the bottom) it doesn't work.
Have I missed something?
Some stuff are indeed broken, but this is not always consistent. I too had problem accessing some parts of the UI.

I’d recommend to try the new skin Aura Smile
(2019-02-01, 00:35)horizons1 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I am not sure how much the DialogAddonSettings.xml file varies from skin to skin, but I found a new one for the Horizon skin. Here's what I did:

1. In the addon.xml file of the fuse skin folder, changed the Kodi GUI version to 5.14.0 (not 13)
2. In the 1080i folder, replaced DialogAddonSettings.xml with the one mentioned above
3. Zipped up the entire Fuse folder and saved that zip to a location accessible from the File Manager
4. Went to Settings>Add-ons>Install from zip file and selected the newly created zip. Kodi displayed "Fuse(Neue) Add-on Updated"
5. Went to Settings>Interface and the Fuse skin was now in the menu. Selected it and voila!

Looks like everything is working same as before. Fingers crossed! Love this skin.

Would you be willing to upload the file somewhere?
(2019-02-11, 22:28)Xhinde Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-01, 00:35)horizons1 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I am not sure how much the DialogAddonSettings.xml file varies from skin to skin, but I found a new one for the Horizon skin. Here's what I did:

Would you be willing to upload the file somewhere? 
It's already uploaded. See the link above in my post 948. That will give you the post by another user to the OneDrive file.