Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Firestick Choppy Audio through reciever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded to Kodi 17 on a newer Firestick, and now when I use Kodi all the audio is choppy. When i exit Kodi and try to use Netflix the Audio issues persists. If I reboot the fire stick and go directly to Netflix the audio is fine, but when i go into the kodi app it is like the signal to my receiver gets changed and all audio is choppy. The only way to correct the audio issue is to reboot the Firestick; This fixes the issue for the Firestick but Kodi audio still doesn't works. The Firestick is plugged into my Onkyo HT-RC360 receiver. Kodi 16.1 worked before this. Anyone else see this issue? Any audio settings i could try? I played with setting in Kodi, on the Firestick, and on the receiver but still had no luck.
(2017-02-27, 21:45)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735

So does this thread point to my receiver or the firestick... The receiver hasn't had a firmware update since 2013, so I don't see a new one coming out again. Would that mean id need to upgrade my receiver?
Did you read any line of the linked thread? Absolutely nothing speaks about an Avr issue.
Little new to this so obviously I'm asking for clarification for a reason. the only other thing id like clarified is, are you always a dick or just sometimes?
(2017-02-28, 15:02)gr0leau Wrote: [ -> ]Little new to this so obviously I'm asking for clarification for a reason. the only other thing id like clarified is, are you always a dick or just sometimes?

Short story: Devs remove some sound hack in kodi 17 so now passthrough is limited to what your android version is capable of

Long story: follow link posted by fritsch and read for more information
Solved: After playing about with everything and wondering what went wrong I realised I had used a different USB cable. Swapped the cable and my firestick/kodi audio is back to normal.

Using a 2nd generation Firestick, kodi 17.4. I had no low power warnings and the firestick worked fine except for when you try to play a video in kodi. Then it would carry over to all of the firestick apps until reboot.
Kodi must be drawing significantly more resources than the normal apps which would make sense I suppose.
i'm having the exact same issue...looking for a solution
Make sure you rule out your power supply and cable in case something got damaged. It was the source of all of my problems with it.

There doesn't seem to be any activity on this thread either so may be worth starting your own if you still have issues.