Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
My first post here so a very big thank you to team Kodi for all your work on the Xbox version.

I have just upgraded to the new Xbox One X from the older Xbox One and having installed Kodi on this platform lets just say I’m impressed and pleased.
I have a Buffalo NAS where my videos are stored, I record TS videos from Freesat TV and then process them via Magix Video Edit Pro into MP4 or AVI files and store them on the NAS.

The Buffalo has a weird problem in so far as if you enable the DLNA server on the device any Windows 10 PC connected to the network will leave a ‘ghost’ connection to the NAS when the PC is shut down. This results in a cumulative number of these ‘ghosts’ appearing in the ‘Settings, Devices’ lists until it becomes necessary to delete them, so a bit of a mess.

Luckily Kodi can access the Buffalo via FTP and can find and catalogue all the files stored therein (nice one), and even more impressive, I have been able to play back ex-Utube videos in flv format as well as TS files directly from a back up 2TB USB drive, something the old Xbox One would never do (or I couldn’t get it to do it).

So all we need now is Microsoft to help you get SMB working (I know you’re working on it) and then we can get access to all the other videos stored on another Windows server and we are home free!

One small ‘bug’ to report but nothing to much to worry about.
If I turn on the ‘Weather App’ Kodi will not start it goes to the second start screen and then exits back to the home screen. I had to uninstall and reinstall to fix it.
Kodi on the Xbox gets better and better. Thanks again for all of your efforts. I use a Harmony remote to control the Xbox as I only use it as a media center. Is it expected that remote control use will be implemented at some point or is something Microsoft needs to address? I’ve seen the remote issue in the stickie thread but not certain if it was going to be available at some point. Thanks again for getting Kodi on the Xbox one.
Hello I use Xbox One X and the app can not start. This is happening to me constantly.
Fix by reinstalling the application or hours of switching my profiles until it finally starts. I have several profiles on my console with any other profile, the app launches without any problems but my main profile does not start.

Does anyone else have such problems?
I apologize for my bad English.
I am having the same issue right now. It opens but stays on the boot splash screen.
@polkovnika2 and @Owensdus 

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I have a work around since it is a pain to retrieve the log file on an Xbox. Since I have an external HD attached to my consol, I scroll over the app icon and hit the menu button and silence manage app. I then silence the copy all, this makes a default copy like its a fresh install. I then uninstall the original. This allows me to access it once again. WARNING Through, the copies version will not carry over addons or settings.
Hi All, and a huge thanks for getting Kodi going on the XBOX One..

I believe there are some issues with Windows SMB with the Alpha so I figured now is as good a time as any to convert my database from SMB to another format as all my media is stored on a QNAP NAS now anyway. Just wondering if there are any benefits besides getting it to work on XBOX One in terms of speed/efficiency etc. Everything is working fine at the moment so i'm a bit hesitant to start changing my paths.

Also which protocol is better SSH/SFTP or NFS etc.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers.
Auto refreshrate would be really cool ...
There seems to be some issues with Kodi profiles on Xbox. I can change profiles from settings > profile settings > Load profile, but if I enable the show login screen on startup option, master user is the only profile I can open from the login screen. If I log off the master user and try to login as another user, nothing happens.
Hopefully 4k hdr is supported
(2018-01-20, 11:53)wapvi Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully 4k hdr is supported

Currently no, but in future definitely
currently having trouble accessing the season list for tv shows, the information is loaded in but the only way to actually view the content is to go through the media source directly instead of the "TV shows" main menu item. I can see all the shows in "TV shows" but it won't select to allow me to view seasons or watch any. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I've configured any settings incorrectly?
Anyone getting subtitle addons working? Or are able to configure any addons at all?
First of all thank you for publishing this app on XBOX it's really cool, but I want to know if it's possible to use advancedsettings.xml for my shared BDD on synology, or if it will be added in the future ?

Thank you !
simply put your advanced... in startfolder of datas manager it works.
it's also writenn multiple times in this and other threads in this forum
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41