Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(2017-12-29, 16:40)RogerS Wrote: [ -> ]And the final, most important, test is: Playing back UHD movies encoded with HEVC... I use a HD directly connected to my LG TV to play back these files. All the rest of my media files I can play on my current Kodi player (Intel NUC running LibreElec).
Unfortunately this fails. The XBox One X even shuts down. Sad

These are the file video / audio specs:VIDEO
CODEC : HEVC
TYPE : 2160p (Progressive)
FRAME RATE : 23.976 fps
DISPLAY ASPECT RATIO : 16:9
FORMAT PROFILE LEVEL : Main [email protected]@high
BITRATE : 56.5 Mbps
WIDTH x HEIGHT : 3840 x 2160 pixels
COLOR PRIMARIES : BT.2020

AUDIO (1)
CODEC : TrueHD Atmos
LANGUAGE : English
CHANNEL(S) : 7.1
BITRATE : 4084 kbps
SAMPLING RATE : 48 KHz
BIT DEPTH : 24 bits

AUDIO (2)
CODEC : AC-3
CHANNEL(S) : 5.1-EX
BITRATE : 640 kbps
OTHER INFO : AC3 Embedded
Already a great achievement!  I'll keep a close watch for new updates and test the above again.

This is no good Sad
(2017-12-24, 23:01)Picard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-24, 20:28)BIFFTAZ Wrote: [ -> ]I use Plex for a server to host my catalogue of movies & tv shows, But their Plex app for Xbox One is 100% rubbish. Converts almost every file down to 100% rubbish & serves it to you like its a dogs dinner & expect you to be happy with it.... I cant wait for the day Kodi comes to Xbox One, I can then use PKC to integrate my library with Kodi & have it to direct play every file & its original quality with its own player.

Have you tried serviio ,it works for me, free too. 

(2017-12-29, 18:08)Sukre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-29, 16:40)RogerS Wrote: [ -> ]And the final, most important, test is: Playing back UHD movies encoded with HEVC... I use a HD directly connected to my LG TV to play back these files. All the rest of my media files I can play on my current Kodi player (Intel NUC running LibreElec).

AUDIO (1)

AUDIO (2)
Already a great achievement!  I'll keep a close watch for new updates and test the above again.

This is no good Sad 
"Rome wasn’t built in a day"
If/when SMB support comes, will advancedsettings.xml be supported as well for shared MySQL databases?  If so, what is the game plan to get that file added?  Is there access of some kind to the file system?
I am sure this has been mentioned earlier, but is HD audio planned at some point?  I think I've heard that Microsoft still hasn't let app developers utilize lossless audio for not Bluray purposes, but I couldn't remember.
Didn't you just answer your own question?

Let it be clear. We plan nothing, promise nothing or make assumptions.
What works, works. If something might work in the future you will know when it actually does.
so I found the Kodi app in my Xbox store this morning is there going to be a new area setup to cover support for the new App?

I am have a issue with the Xbox finding my local network to instill zips from
(2017-12-29, 18:13)BIFFTAZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-24, 23:01)Picard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-24, 20:28)BIFFTAZ Wrote: [ -> ]I use Plex for a server to host my catalogue of movies & tv shows, But their Plex app for Xbox One is 100% rubbish. Converts almost every file down to 100% rubbish & serves it to you like its a dogs dinner & expect you to be happy with it.... I cant wait for the day Kodi comes to Xbox One, I can then use PKC to integrate my library with Kodi & have it to direct play every file & its original quality with its own player.

Have you tried serviio ,it works for me, free too. 

(2017-12-29, 18:08)Sukre Wrote: [ -> ]

AUDIO (1)

AUDIO (2)

This is no good Sad 
"Rome wasn’t built in a day"

Hope im wrong but none of all xbox apps can play 4k hevc, the only hope was kodi and if even kodi cant play it on a xbox one x, so i think the nvidia shield is the only aceptwble device for this
(2017-12-29, 16:40)RogerS Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this fails. The XBox One X even shuts down. Sad
 Same here.
I tried to play this demo file: http://4kmedia.org/the-world-in-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/
The console crashed and shouted down.
The application is very very very unstable and, honestly, I'm very surprised that Microsoft agreed to put Kodi in their "app-store".
Wonderful work everyone involved!
Oh jeez just stop bunch of whiners. If it's gonna be like this I will split every negatively toned post straight to the trash.
(2017-12-29, 18:58)Sukre Wrote: [ -> ]Hope im wrong but none of all xbox apps can play 4k hevc, the only hope was kodi and if even kodi cant play it on a xbox one x, so i think the nvidia shield is the only aceptwble device for this 
If this is the case, Kodi shouldn't start to execute the files that are not supported yet.
Crash and shutdown the console is not a good thing.
So external hard drive access is not supported at this time. Is this permanent due to limitations, or are there plans to implement this in the future? Not complaining, just excited that it's available on Xbone at all! You guys did good work, as always!
I'm so grateful about this one... Thanks guys... I'd love to see some kind of background playback support (at least, a mini mode for background music playback) and local file system support too...
I'm donating now.... Love ya!
Greetings from Colombia
DAMN this is exciting!!!

I'm still in the process of building up the media libraries (NFS seems to work fine for my Synology & QNAP) and testing out various video files on my "original" Xbox One. passthrough of Dolby/DTS/HD seems to be a no-go at the time of writing, or has it to do with the Xbox One system settings for audio output? all in all I'm already quite impressed - maybe it was a bit early to release this Alpha to a wide audience (let's face it, the whole internet is going bonkers for Kodi on Xbox One right now, and rightfully so!) so a few crashes are expected, but as somebody who hacked & modded his original Xbox back at the old university days to get XBMC working on it (I even soldered on an LCD display and used a Dremel to get it fixed into the case for shits'n giggles!) I have to say I'm immensely excited and pleased by the progress the dev team & community made over all these years. If there's any chance Microsoft will allow 4k playback with HDMI HD audio passthrough I'll be first in line to get a new One S, even if it's just for the superior media player experience and some golden 360 titles I'm playing from time to time. 

keep up the good work, excited to see the progress of the UWP Kodi in 2018!
playing hevc main10 may cause xbox shutting down
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41