Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(2017-12-29, 19:43)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]playing hevc main10 may cause xbox shutting down
 yeah, I suspected - tried some 4k remuxes and playback clearly is only by software codec, not HW supported... experienced some app crashes as I'm performing too much stupid stuff while the libraries are still being fetched but I'm just too excited  Rofl maybe I'll get the whole system instant rebooting today but it's totally worth it! the whole UI seems to already work very reliable and smooth, it's just the player itself which I'm still worried a bit. Lots of "regular" users will now install Kodi on their Xboxes and start flooding the forum soon because they don't understand what "alpha" means so don't get too angry - this is work in progress that at some point in 2018 hopefully will result in the ultimate media player experience now also for Xbox owners. I'm massively looking forward to this - my LibreElec Chromebox obvsly won't do 4k, and the SoC & SW implementation on my Sony Android TV is too crappy to fully support high-bitrate remuxes via network or 4k so I already thought about buying a Shield.
(2017-12-29, 19:02)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Oh jeez just stop bunch of whiners. If it's gonna be like this I will split every negatively toned post straight to the trash.
 I think you are the only one being negative in this thread.

People are just posting what's working or not (we dont know what should be working or not, so it makes sense to share it with others. Isn't it ?) with this alpha and they also say thank you to anyone that helped to make this possible. I don't understand where you see a "whiner" here.
after some minutes of watching a movie with Kodi the Xbox does a "dimming" overlay with clock - how do I switch that off?
(2017-12-29, 20:04)Mr Eric Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-29, 19:02)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Oh jeez just stop bunch of whiners. If it's gonna be like this I will split every negatively toned post straight to the trash.
 I think you are the only one being negative in this thread.

People are just posting what's working or not (we dont know what should be working or not, so it makes sense to share it with others. Isn't it ?) with this alpha and they also say thank you to anyone that helped to make this possible. I don't understand where you see a "whiner" here. 
 Please treat developers here with respect, they put their time in free of charge -- we should simply thank them
I, for one, am eternally grateful.

Kodi comes full circle, thanks to all those involved... yay!!
(2017-12-29, 21:12)BBQPitMaster Wrote: [ -> ] Please treat developers here with respect, they put their time in free of charge -- we should simply thank them

If they want to be treated with respect, then they should be respectful.  Calling user userbase "whiners" for simply discussing features that do or don't work in an Alpha is just bad, free or not.  If someone was complaining about an illegal Kodi extension not working then they deserve every piece of scorn thrown at them but people discussing a new release because they're excited about it don't.
Is there a proper sub-forum yet for Xbox One?  

I wanted to ask if there is anyway to alter NFS settings (to increase cache size) which was previously done via ssh and altering autostart.sh.  I am getting stuttering on playback (which I previously had one Pi as well until I adjusted some settings).
(2017-12-29, 21:24)Chimera2345 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-29, 21:12)BBQPitMaster Wrote: [ -> ] Please treat developers here with respect, they put their time in free of charge -- we should simply thank them

If they want to be treated with respect, then they should be respectful.  Calling user userbase "whiners" for simply discussing features that do or don't work in an Alpha is just bad, free or not.  If someone was complaining about an illegal Kodi extension not working then they deserve every piece of scorn thrown at them but people discussing a new release because they're excited about it don't. 
I think posts like this 
"The application is very very very unstable and, honestly, I'm very surprised that Microsoft agreed to put Kodi in their "app-store". " contributed to his comment.   Team Kodi was VERY clear from the get go that this is ALPHA software, and as such, you should expect things to break or not work.  Bug reports are fine, if done in a constructive manner but people complaining that "X or Y doesn't work, how'd this even get approved" is just plain ungrateful.  If you want to participate in alpha or beta software releases expect it to not work correctly and report bugs in the appropriate manner.  If you expect 100% stable release, wait until a stable release is offered, otherwise don't complain.
Exactly that, thank you thesuffering
Although not an Xbox user, for someone that’s been on the HTPC as long as I have (pre show shifter!!) it such great news to see a long term project such as the XBMC Foundation with Kodi making progress in the device that started it all.

So on that note, keep up the great work Team Kodi this was the best news I’ve seen all year for Kodi.
Thank you for the positive responses. We'll push out new versions once fixes have been added.
You guys seriously rock. Been an avid user since the Xbmc days. Nothing else comes close. Wonderful job and Kodi on Xbox is an icing on the cake.
Thanks @afedchin !
Thanks @Paxxi !
Thanks @Rechi !

I can still barely believe the loooooong shots you have been willing to take. Great effort, guys. Hat's off...
(2017-12-29, 18:58)Sukre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-29, 18:13)BIFFTAZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-24, 23:01)Picard Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried serviio ,it works for me, free too. 

(2017-12-29, 18:08)Sukre Wrote: [ -> ]This is no good Sad 
"Rome wasn’t built in a day"

Hope im wrong but none of all xbox apps can play 4k hevc, the only hope was kodi and if even kodi cant play it on a xbox one x, so i think the nvidia shield is the only aceptwble device for this
My Xbox one x plays 4k 10bit hevc hdr no stutter only colore is faded and that will be fixed in the future.
(2017-12-29, 19:00)Kova Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-29, 16:40)RogerS Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this fails. The XBox One X even shuts down. Sad
 Same here.
I tried to play this demo file: http://4kmedia.org/the-world-in-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/
The console crashed and shouted down.
The application is very very very unstable and, honestly, I'm very surprised that Microsoft agreed to put Kodi in their "app-store".

My Xbox one x is not crashing playing 4k 10bit hevc hdr only colore is faded that's becose it's alpha.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41