Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Selecting song clears current playlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I feel like I'm missing something in my settings that should be rather obvious. I'm trying to build a playlist from scratch within Kodi (16.1), which is pretty straightforward. I'll open up a music folder and right-click and "Queue item" on a song to add it to the playlist I'm building. However, when I just do a regular click on a song to play it, it adds/plays that individual song and simultaneously clears the current playlist.

What am I missing here? How can I play songs without wiping out the current playlist?

Thanks in advance.
I think what you are looking for is Music>Playlist>New playlist. Then select your tracks and play them if you want and right-click to add to the list. Then save.
Ah perfect. I was expecting it to be in the pullout menu on the left side while browsing through Music...I didn't think about backing out and going to the root of the Music section and looking for it there. It seems more logical to me for it to be in the pull-out menu, but at least I know that functionality exists and how to get to it.

Thanks!