Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Green boxes or half screen green
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running krypton on an x96 Mediabox. During video playthe image will flash with green boxes all over or half the image might be covered in green for a few seconds. Also when kodi times out and goes in standby where the screen usually dims it will be covered with multicoloured boxes.
I have tried looking for a solution but can't find one.

Any ideas?
Thnx
Sounds like macroblocking - the way modern video compression works is to "zone" the image and only redraw what's changed and/or what will change in the surrounding frames. If the information doesn't get through, or isn't there, then you get a moment of garbage in that zone, and hence a multicoloured box.

What's your source?
I apologize for the delay in responding. I'm not exactly sure what has happened but it's stopped now. I haven't done any updates or noticed anything updating on kodi start up but the problem seems to have disappeared. I've been waiting to see if it comes back but so far nothing.
thanks for the help, if it happens agian I'll look into it further but without a problem there's nothing to fix...