Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Moviesets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a somewhat trivial problem regarding moviesets. I would like to create a movieset (and have done so) in the Movie sets manager for my kids, i.e. a random collection of movies that they like. I cannot however, figure out how to add movies to the movieset manually. That is, should a given movie be able to belong to a number of sets and not simply 1?

/Thomas
The author can correct if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the movie sets are to correspond with the assigned movie sets via the scrapper source, like TMDB for example. So for example, Taken 1, 2 and 3 are all part of the Taken movie set. Without knowing your software, it seems what you are wanting is a playlist, or just a list. If you use Trakt TV online, you can create lists there for use and can work with the media center, depending on compatibility. Hope that helps.

To clarify on specific point: "should a given movie be able to belong to a number of sets and not simply 1"
It belongs to one movie set, and the movie set fills the space with one movie. So if you have 2 copies of Taken 2 for example, only one is listed as in the set. That is what I see by my use of this software. It is a 1-to-1 relationship with the movie and the spot in the movie set.
originally the movie set feature has been created as thwaller described:
to hold movies from a particular series together (e.g. all Harry Potter movies are grouped together in one set).

BUT: you can simply use it to group your own movies together:
a) create a new movie set with the + icon in the movie set tab
b) go to the movies tab, mark/select the movies you want to have in that set and right click -> bulk edit -> assign to the corresponding set

There would be an alternative to the sets (which are kinda deprecated): use tags!
you could add a tag "Kids" to all of the chosen movies and filter by this tag in tmm/Kodi and you have almost the same as the movie set. The pro here is, you can add multiple tags to one movie whereas you could only assign a movie to one set
Thanks for all the fast replies. I kind of figured that movie sets where organized from online sources and static from the TMdb index. I have tried to create a movie set and later add selected movies from the movie tap by editing the movie. The big issue for me, at least, is that there is no obvious way for a movie to belong to two or more sets which is a no go for me (but not for my kids I guess). Tags sounds like an excellent idea but it does sound worrisome that they are deprecated.
Essentially I am looking for a way to make custom lists in tmm. From your answer it seems tags are the way to go for now.
you misunderstood me: moviesets are deprecated -> use tags instead Wink
Point taken ;-) I will continue with tags. Thank you for your help!