Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Switch to Fullscreen Mode when playback start and quit after
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to add a function, to allow kodi automatically switch itself to fullscreen mode before playback start, and quit to windowed mode after playing stop.
You may could added it in the code on the skin side .. should work.... May you give a reason to why this would be needed...Or may you give a usage example... If it's justified I may add it to the skin I am working on.
thank you, the reason was pretty simple actually.

in windowed mode, playback have a noticeable lag when picture moving horizontally. this is not happen in full screen mode.

but in full screen mode, i cannot minimize kodi because the screen will become blank as soon as i minimized it.

so each time, i need to enter kodi, change to full screen mode, playing (and hope no other popup coming up during otherwise blank screen), after play back, turn to windowed mode and only i can minimize it.Undecided

i am on windows 10 and kabylake with latest driver. but this happen to my old pc which was on harswell too, so i guest it might be something else rather than driver or setting.

by the way, the DSPlayer full screen exclusive mode work perfectly for this need, but the subtitle which wasn't so unicode friendly is setting me back.
well, is this FR being considered?
Have tried simply pressing " \" as this will toggle full screen and windowed mode works on my windows 10
ya, it work for me too, unfortunately i dont have Keyboard as it is a small htpc hidden in cabinet, so it is difficult to switch from sofa. i know a simple wireless keyboard can solve it, but if this can be added as an option selection in setting that will be perfect.
What do you use to control Kodi? if a remote then map the action to a button on the remote.
this should be fairly easy to do in a python addon.
The is a keyboard/keymap editor add-on already... Also you can just go into the settings menu and where it has you resolution and switch from windowed to fullscreens or fullscreens to window. If your using a remote I still dont understand where the benefit is of having it in windowed myself as if it is a dedicated htpc with out keyboard... Idk... I must be missing something.