Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping TV episode that contains multiple shows ??? (Chicago <> series)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, this is an episode that bundles 3 shows in 1 long episode so the naming below is suppose to be correct. Is there any way KODI can scrape such a naming and pick up the same file being different episodes on 3 different shows? I did scrape the episode below and all KODI picked up was Chicago Justice S01E01. The actual file was in a folder structure SERIES\Chicago.Justice\Season.01 though if that has anything to say

Chicago.Fire.S05E15_Chicago.PD.S04E16_Chicago.Justice.S01E01.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS
How weird.

If you want to not break the file into three parts then use symlinks should work.
Thanks, I'm running KODI with MySQL on a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. I recon an ordinary Windows shortcut using \\<server>\\<share>\episode wouldn't work like a linux symlink right ?
I don't know, i wouldn't attempt to use windows as a server.

Why did you rip three episodes as one anyway?
Dick Wolf produces all 3 shows and it was aired as one large episode. I did not rip it. Some groups uploaded split episodes per show but these were nuked. Apparently what these guys want is one large videofile containing the video the way it was aired. But I don't see any proper way to scrape this into my KODI database...
I would use mkvmerge and split them up.