Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Application Error With NVIDIA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded Kodi 17.0. I've installed it on a Windows 7 x64 laptop. I recently reinstalled the OS (all updates applied) and all drivers (and updates to drivers). So the machine was clean before attempting the Kodi installation. This message is from the logs:

Faulting application name: kodi.exe, version: 17.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x589233ba
Faulting module name: nvdxgiwrap.dll, version: 8.17.12.8577, time stamp: 0x4eb2dcb8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00002a5a
Faulting process id: 0x1368
Faulting application start time: 0x01d295270116c5dc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\CoProcManager\nvdxgiwrap.dll
Report Id: 42fe76c2-011a-11e7-962f-bc77372d4e42

The laptop itself is about 5 years old. The video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M and after seeing the above error it obviously is causing a clash.

The installation of Kodi was fine with no problems. The error occurred during the first launch. The software stops immediately with a dialog box saying "Kodi has stopped working". My screen background turns black except for the dialog box. Other programs similar to Kodi are working fine (i.e. VLC).

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

thanks
Technical overvioew of the GPU Specifications comapred to my 10 year old graphic card might bring a clue http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-5770-v...ce-GT-540M The Nvidia GeForce GT 540M has a GPU clock speed of 672 MHz, which is one of the slowest graphics cards still available on the market.

Zzzzz... check my signature for 'hardware requirements'. Suggestion: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ol...engard.exe
After quite a bit of troubleshooting including: turning Nvidia services off and alternating changes to the Nvidia control panel settings, I had no luck. I finally decided to ignore that fact that the Dell Support Assist application was giving me the latest drivers and did a manual update through the Windows devices interface. Indeed, an update was available!! After updating the driver, my problem was solved. Really, it had to be something simple because the machine was clean and rebuilt.

thanks for the suggestion.
Jim