Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI 16.1 reboot my box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi you all

Marshmallow 6.0.1 64Bit

I see nothing in log files about this event but KODI reboot my box 2 time this week !

This happens when reading a large HD file. In middle of viewing the movie (streamed from my PC) my box rebooted alone.

I do NOT have any add on.

Any comment welcome
Provide a link to your Debug log (wiki).

Without one it is just pure speculation.
Well like I said there is nothing in both log, android log and Kodi log, absolutely nothing about this event (reboot)

[/align]I can post if you want but it will be pure speculation too
It's up to you. One of the experts might spot something you missed.

Perhaps it's hardware failure?
There is nothing in log, experts or not.

Hardware failure only with Kodi ? This never happened with MXPlayer or VLC player

(2017-03-06, 19:58)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]It's up to you. One of the experts might spot something you missed.

Perhaps it's hardware failure?
If you don't want to produce a log we cannot provide any meaningful support.

Shall I just close this thread?
I will, when I go back home
Well I have to wait that the issue come and I will post log
This issue has not yet occurred since I posted the first message, I will try to log every day until it happens again
If you look at the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) "loglevel" debug options, you can turn on debug logging without the text overlay on-screen. That means it just happens in the background, with nothing visible to disturb your viewing, which is the best way to continually grab a debug log.
Thanks for this Prof Yaffle, this is a very good thing
Well I try the advancedsettings.xml loglevel debug option syntax but its the same and I still have the text on screen.
The file is on my userdata folder.
I'm lost somewhere...
Can you give me the exact one please ?
Hi all

This is the setting I made for advancedsettings.xml in my Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata folder

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
<debug>
<showloginfo>false</showloginfo>
</debug>
</advancedsettings>

But I still have the same text overlay on-screen..

I'm lost somewhere...
You only need the:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
Thanks. I tried this too but unsuccessfull and I still have the same text overlay on-screen..
I'm using KODI Jarvis 16.1
Pages: 1 2