Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 Library Multiple Sources Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to try and better u derstand how the library in Kodi 17 works so I can fix the issues I am having with it.

Problem #1:
I am using multi-part sources containing URL's for Movies and TV shows. It scans them all without a problem but I end up with duplicates because of some duplication on the sources. Without manually sorting and deleting (over 6000 entries) how can remove the duplicates and prevent them from coming back when / if I rescan in future for new content?

Problem #2:
Once I get rid of duplicates how do I save the cleaned list for future use but still be able rescan for new content without adding the duplicates again?

Problem #3
I see no way to search the library without installing addon... This seems strange. The only option seems to use the search at the top of Kodi 17 menu and it asks for a local search and wants to install Global Search add-on or search TheMovieDB which also wants a add-on to be installed. Logically I should be able to search h the items that have been scanned into the library no?

Finally, is there a better approach to using multiple remote sources for library content? Perhaps I am gong about this the wrong way.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Is there away to simple weed out the duplicates without manually deleting all the duplicates. Again the movies and shows are coming from a multiple url source.

Any help is appreciated surely someone else has experienced this!