Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] Shout Factory TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks @learningit for the prompt response.  I enjoy using many of the add-ons you created and can appreciate your position regarding support.
How to Patch Add-on for KODI 18.x LEIA ONLY:

The following steps assume that you have the Shout Factory TV video add-on version 3.0.1 for Kodi 18 Leia already installed on your Kodi computer.

1. Create replacement file for the following:

For example: open file link above, open a text editor, copy the file link contents, paste into text editor, save the file with above listed filename, and exit the text editor.

2. Determine the location of the Kodi addons folder where plugin.video.shoutfactorytv is installed on your Kodi computer.

For example:

• /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.shoutfactorytv/ for LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi.
    • ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.shoutfactorytv/ for Kodi on Ubuntu where ~ is your home directory.

Note that the location of the addons folder should be similar to the userdata folder.

3. Copy the new files over top of the existing kodi files.

For example on a Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC 9.2.7 installed I used the following commands:

scp -p scraper.py [email protected]:/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.shoutfactorytv/resources/lib/

Note that you would need to substitute the IP address for your Raspberry Pi (see System -> System Info).
Can you add the missing Movie/TV categories?

Otherwise everything works fine.

Thanks.
(2021-08-26, 09:37)Eye in the sky Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add the missing Movie/TV categories?

Thanks for the heads up about the missing Film/TV categories.  The fix is now in an updated scraper.py file in the prior post.
Works perfectly now, thanks again.
Note that this post is no longer valid and has been superceded by post 24.

HOW TO PATCH Shout Factory TV ADD-ON FOR KODI 20 NEXUS

Background

The Shout Factory TV video add-on version 4.0.1 was last updated for Kodi 19 Matrix. With the new Kodi 20 Nexus release, some of the code is not compatible. As such some editing is required.

Description of Edit Changes Needed

1. Update the t1mlib.py file as described here.

• Apply similar editing updates to the ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.shoutfactorytv/resources/lib/scraper.py file.

Sample Shout Factory TV scraper.py file

For your convenience the already edited scraper.py file is linked below:

scraper.py
G'Day

I have been using Shout Factory addon in LibreELEC  on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ successfully this year. Thanks for that. Recently, in July, something odd happened - there are simply no films or series listed on the Movie and TV categories.

The various subcategories (e.g. Action, Family, Cult) are listed, but when I enter each category, nothing is listed, except for the little doubledot "parent folder" symbol.

I have tried turning on logging, but can see nothing that looks like an error. I have, in the past, edited some .py files to restore functions, but in those instances, I was always helped (in diagnosis) by  error messages in the log. Now it just *appears* that Shout Factory TV simply no longer offers entertainments.  This is, of course, possible, but how can I find out if it is widespread or localised (or just my setup)?

My system reports itself as LibreELEC 11.0.1 / Kodi 20.1.0
Shout Factory reports version 4.0.2
Thanks @entropyagent for the heads up that this add-on wasn't working.  From a quick look the web site has some changes, including a new name: shout-tv.com.  I plan to post updated instructions to fix the add-on for Kodi 18.x Leia and also Kodi 19.x Matrix and Kodi 20.x Nexus.
HOW TO PATCH Shout Factory TV ADD-ON FOR KODI 19 MATRIX and KODI 20 NEXUS

NOTE: Kodi 18 Leia users should see post 17.

The following steps assume that you have already installed Shout Factory TV video add-on, either:

• Version 4.0.1 for Kodi 19 Matrix, or
  • Version 4.0.2 for Kodi 20 Nexus

1. Create replacement file for the following:

For example: open file link above, open a text editor, copy the file link contents, paste into text editor, save the file with above listed filename, and exit the text editor.

2. Determine the location of the Kodi addons folder where plugin.video.shoutfactorytv is installed on your Kodi computer.

For example:

• /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.shoutfactorytv/ for LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi.
    • ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.shoutfactorytv/ for Kodi on Ubuntu where ~ is your home directory.

Note that the location of the addons folder should be similar to the userdata folder.

3. Copy the new files over top of the existing kodi files.

For example on a Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC 10.0.4 installed I used the following commands:

scp -p scraper.py [email protected]:/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.shoutfactorytv/resources/lib/

Note that you would need to substitute the IP address for your Raspberry Pi (see System -> System Info).
Thanks for the response and fix @kodaksmith.  I have applied the fix and it works - Series and films are once again available for selection and viewing pleasure.

I was beginning to run out of topics of conversation.
Pages: 1 2