Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: live-streaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What app would I use to stream live news feeds from my local news channel's website? Specifically:

http://fox8.com/on-air/live-streaming/
Most local news agencies offer an app to view their broadcasts, some offer live streaming. My local fox news app sadly does not live stream. Have you tried fox8's app?
I don't know if they have an app, I've searched the app stores for "fox8" and haven't found any. They definitely live stream all of their newscasts from their website at the link I posted. I don't understand why Kodi doesn't have a media player or browser where I can just type in the address of the stream and fire it up? I found one browser that will play the stream, it's the browser in the Downloader app that's in the Fire TV's app store, but it doesn't give me a full screen option, so I have to watch it in the browser. Since I gave up cable for Kodi I've had to watch the news on my computer. If I can get it on my computer, I should be able to get it on Kodi?
I only use Kodi to play back my locally stored media on my server. When I want to watch live streams through apps like Hulu, Netflix, FOX, NBC etc.. I just back out to my Fire TVs home menu and watch them direct through Fire TV app section.

According to the Fox 8 website, they offer an app, it just may not be available for the Fire TV yet.