Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: no EPG for some channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm running Kodi 17.0 with VDR VNSI and DVB-S2. EPG is running out of the box and showing information for my channels but not for all of them. I have some (regional, private and public) channels that show no EPG data.

Some channels without EPG data:
SAT.1 NRW
RTL Regional NRW
ProSieben
kabel eins
EinsPlus HD
ZDFinfo HD
zdf.kultur HD

Why is there no EPG Data? I think, private channels should get EPG data and therefore maybe the channel name should be a little bit different, but where can I find correct channel names to get EPG data?
What about special regional channels? How can I get EPG data for them or where can I find information if EPG is available for these channels?

Thanks!
Is vdr set to scan epg correctly?
I'm running LibreELEC 8 and EPG is preconfigured. It is running out of the box and there is EPG data for most channels.
I found the configuration file .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/epgsources/epgdata2xmltv that has a large list of channelnames and channel IDs. Above channels without EPG data are also included in this list. Where can I find the assignment for a channel ID in this list to my channels to check if there are problems?
Check in the VDR configuration/settings (the one in Settings where you have VDR's on-screen menu)
Ok, I checked this and I have these EPG settings:

Code:
EPG scan timeout (h):  5
EPG bugfix level:      3
EPG linger time (min): 0
Set system time:       no
Preferred languages:   1
Preferred language:    deu,ger

Unfortunately I don't get error messages for the channels with missing data in .kodi/temp/kodi.log. Actually I get messages like
Code:
DEBUG: EPG - UpdateFromScraper - updating EPG for channel 'ProSieben' from client '1151313531'
DEBUG: EPG - UpdateFromScraper - updating EPG for channel 'kabel eins' from client '1151313531'

Hm, it seems that all these DEBUG messages are for channels where I don't get data. I cannot find a channel in this debug list that gets EPG data.
So, I have a list with channels that don't get EPG data. What can I do now?
query EPG with svdrpsend directly on vdr. lets us know the results
Unfortunately there is no svdrpsend installed in the LibreELEC distro. Hence I've installed it on my linux system but the connection is refused. I don't know if a service for this is running on LibreELEC:

Code:
$ svdrpsend -d libreelec HELP LSTE                                                                                                                                                                          
connect: Connection refused
If you want to connect from a different machine, you need to adapt svdrphosts.conf. By default only localhost is allowed