Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 crackling audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I downloaded Kodi 17 on my MacBook Air and am thrilled with the set and choices. However, the audio crackles every so often. I stream Kodi from my laptop to my Samsung TV through Mirror App for Samsung. How can I fix this?[/size]
Sounds like an issue with that samsung system which is outside of kodi. Do you have similar problems when streaming audio via itunes or vlc for example?
I also notice some crack and pops when playing audio on Android and Windows. To my knowledge, this can happen when the audio buffer isn't filled quickly enough (buffer underrun) This is a complicated topic, especially for WASAPI on Windows. Maybe an audio dev could shed some light on the underlying processes.
Well there is some sort of 3rd party app for screen casting involved here. I somehow doubt what you say has anything to do with this special use case here.
(2017-03-09, 16:56)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like an issue with that samsung system which is outside of kodi. Do you have similar problems when streaming audio via itunes or vlc for example?
No. Not with other apps
When I stream from my MacBook NOT using Kodi, there is no crackling. Crackling only when using Kodi
When I uninstalled hard Knox build and reinstalled kodi from kodi.tv it still downloaded hard Knox. So frustrating
No support for you i guess
Updated to 17.1 From 16. And now i have same problem as OP.

Edit! Setting audio to passthrough dosnt help.
debug log (wiki)
I am also having the same crackling noise. I use mac and I am streaming with air parrot. I thought it was the airplay program seeing i never had this problem before but it seems to happen just watching directly from my mac. halfway through the stream the audio does a loud popping screeching sound and doesn't go away until I stop the stream. I haven't changed any settings because everything was working fine until I upgraded to 17. if you can help that would be great however keep in mind I'm a noob and dumbass for this kind of stuff but I'll do my best. thanks
Memphiz - same issue here but I'm not doing any airplay. Between my Bluetooth issue and the occasional pops and crackling, I never said anything about the crackling because the BT issue was more common. I really wish I was still pre-Krypton. I never had audio issues before I moved to Krypton.
I need a debug log (wiki) while the crackling happens
Same experience here... noticed right away after upgrading from 16 to 17.1 (also tried nightly)

Mac Mini 2012.
MiniDP to HDMI
Screen: 50hz refresh rate

Sync to display (aka 4% speedup 23.976Hz to 25.000Hz, works buttery smooth on 16).

The problem seems much less pronounced with "adjust display refresh rate" to (aka speedup 23.976Hz to 24.000Hz)

Debug Log: https://pastebin.com/AqUcXb8Z
The wobble in the audio started just before pressing stop.

Video with the problem (notice the wobble in the audio): https://youtu.be/LQl9RZwZVnY
Pages: 1 2