Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with DVD-iso's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,
i know, there are not many people out there, who still want to play back DVD-iso. But i have a lot of them and really enjoy to watch them.
And this was no problem till Kodi 16.2. After the update to 17.0 it seems that there has changed something.
Many iso's start like always, but i also have some which do not start as expected.
For example:
When i want to start the iso of "Gran Turino", i can hear the sound, but there is no picture, meaning, that the picture i can see is still the menu. When i go back to the main-menu and press "full screen" twice, the film starts without dvd-menu.
So it seems, there is a problem with dvd-menues in dvd-iso's?

I tried to start the film 2 times and stopped it again (because there was only audio, no video). Then i sent this log .
Could somebody tell me, what's the problem with the iso's and Kodi 17.0?
I've noticed the same problem when I switched from Jarvis to Krypton. With the difference that I have my films in VIDEO_TS folders. Some of the films that I know played well in Jarvis won't start in Krypton.

An other thing that broke in Krypton - previously one could start the playback of a VIDEO_TS folder just by navigating to it or its parent folder and press the middle button in Kore. That doesn't work anymore, now one has to select play from the context menu. Even though I have the default action set to Play in settings.
There are probably more users with DVD formatted backups than you think.

I agree, there are big problems with Krypton when it comes to accessing the .ifo structure from Library view whether it's still in ISO format or in dvd VOB folders. It's not unique to Linux versions (my android phone does the exact same thing).

Revert to Jarvis if you can (or have a large library) or if you only have a few, wrap them in another folder type like mkv.
From your recommendation I gather that improving dvd support in Krypton is not a high priority among Kodi developers?
Well,
to my understanding it is not necessary to improve a lot.
It would just be useful to handle dvd-menus of dvd-images the same way as they were handled in Jarvis. It looks like all the rest is working quite good.
Bad luck...
There is no change with Kodi 17.1.
Upgraded to 17.3, still Kodi has problems playing dvdConfused Sad
No Debug Log no issue - absolutely nothing for us to solve.
Try a nightly. If the problem is still present in v18, we can fix it there. I doubt the state of v17 will change in this regard.
I have the same issue since I've updated to Krypton.
When starting a DVD-structure (ISO or extracted) the screen stay in the Kodi menu and in the background it try to run the video; it try to run the main menu but it stays black. When the loop of the main menu is finished and restarted, then it shown the DVD menu in "full screen".

I have created a logfile.

Because the older version didn't had the issue I installed on another disk 16.1. Here I haven't the issue: logfile.

In both cases the setting for DVD is to try to go straight to the main menu.
When I turn this setting off, Krypton seems first to start without issues, but when the main menu has to start, it starts black for one loop and start showing the menu when it is starting the second loop (you can hear this also by the audio of the main menu).

My system is OpenElec
[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.4 (x86_64) Update (Kodi 17.3)
[Legacy] OpenELEC 7.0.1 (x86_64) Disk image (Kodi 16.1)
Try a nightly with v18, please.
I would like to try a nightly build, but then I need one from OpenElec.
Yeah - then switch to LibreELEC, they have nightlies or ask in OpenELEC channel.
Thanks for pointing me to LibreElec, I'll try that one as well and keep you informed.

It's more easy to get the Nightly build from them and maybe their version doesn't have this issue at all.
I've installed a nightly with v18 and the problem still excists.
Here's the logfile.
Pages: 1 2