Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton - Stop Top and Bottom Banners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My systems just auto updated to v17.0 Krypton - and now I get these banners (top and bottom) that pop up every 15 to 20 seconds!
The top left area will show the channel, exSad 794 - HD - CNBC), the top right will show the time (9:32 AM) in large font) and under that in small font will be "Ends at 9:34 AM".
On the bottom is a long horizontal progress bar, and a time/timer display and a "remaining" text area.
What is really annoying is that when this display pops up - playback is momentarily stopped/interrupted!
What's goin on here? How do I shout this stuff off? Can't find any comments and documentation on this...

I've been a long time Kodi user - on every platform except apple, Mac, IOS...
I use Kodi for live TV through out the whole house for TV's, HTPC, and regular pc/computer(Win and Nix), using a Silicon Dust Homerun Prime (cablecard) tuner and an old Haupage OTA tuner on the local LAN providing wired and wireless source streams). Most TV's use an Amazon Fire TV stick cause the sticks make TV totally Wireless(can put TV anywhere - No Wires!), plus a FireTV stick is Far Smarter (and more versatile) than any SmartTV.

Jarvis has been dooin just Fine and works well for TV Viewing. I haven't been able to get a good DVR background functioning with KODI yet, perhaps cause I still have a couple Win 7 machines with Win Media Center running Perfectly for DVR recording functions. Too Bad WMC is not supported in new Window 10, soon I'll have to move on, (as soon as I find a better functioning replacement)

So, can I get Krypton functioning for smooth tv viewing, or should I just go back and use Jarvis?
I'm currently usin Krypton on my Sam Tab A 9.7 - (a Samsung Droid tablet), using the HDHomeRun Addon.
I'm gonna be honest here I have no experience with your setup or what you're trying to do, the only thing I will say though is you might want to put some screenshots up of your problem as it's a bit unclear.
A couple of things can be at play here.
It might just be that you are bothered by the osd bars that are a bit more intrusive in krypton.
That would be solved by downloading confluence.
I did this at first to ease myself into the new skin :-)

If the osd pops up randomly, you might be using a mouse? Maybe some other pheriperal device like a gamepad plugged in? If so, disconnect those and see if it helps.

If its still not solved, do try and clarify further.

Ps: i switched but experience a bit less smooth playback, especially for livetv.
Take into consideration that the new Videoplayer most likely is a bit less mature then dvdplayer in v16.
OK, I'll try some screen shots..
I use Kodi to watch TV thru out my home. On Tv's with FireTV sticks, on Computers(Win & Nix), and driod devices (Tablets & phones)
I get the channels from a SiliconDust Tuner on my local LAN.
Viewing TV with Kodi looks like this... (Kodi displays TV acceptably)

Kodi with SiliconDust does have a channel guide, (not a schedule!, just a guide so ya know what channel your on and what's currently playing). Hopefully, Someday, Someone will enhance the guide, with a schedule that will have a selectable record function... (like WMC)

Now, Jarvis (above) , views and plays TV just fine!

But Below, after updating to v17.0 Krypton, the black areas above and below the main tv image have the red encircled text displays!!!!
These displays Pop On and Off - in this case, for this channel, every 37 seconds the display will pop on for 1 second - stopping/interrupting the picture motion...
These are obvious channel and dvr helper info display info areas, - or - perhaps Debug Info !!!
Buy why, and how are they controlled - Especially since I'm Just Viewing! and with the New Current Production Release?
I find no notes or documentation on them... (I find no notes//doc from Silicon Dust on these area either. In fact I think I'm using the same add-on in Jarvis and Krypton.
So, OK, how can I get these areas out of Krypton ( Where, How ?), so I can have clean viewing like Jarvis.
Or is Krypton just busted and I have to back to Jarvis?
Anybody know how to fix this?

Please post a debug log.
"Please post a debug log." - I have no idea how or where a debug log is created or exists on the Samsung Tab A (9.7) Tablet that has this problem.

I am totally a "User" on the Android Tablet platform, and can't help with debug or diagnosis here.
I don't have Andriod platform dev/debug tools so i'm handicapped on the driod platform.
I only have dev tools for Intel MS .Net platform, and the 17.0 Krypton release for the Win platform
works ok - it's the Krypton Droid ARM platform build release that has the problem.

All I know here is: I get my downloats directly from the https://kodi.tv/download/ page.
On my Samsung Tab A (9.7), which has always been a solid, smooth running reliable tablet.
when I download and install - kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk - Kodi runs acceptably...
when I download and install - kodi-17.0-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk - Kodi runs with intermittent Popup displays and interruptions.
Like This...

The " kodi-17.0-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk" file from this site seems to have the problem and should be tested with other devices similar to mine with a Silicon Dust receiver to insure others don't and won't have the same problems I'm having.

While I like my Windose machines, I also really like my Sam Tab for its simple reliability! It's a really great mobile Web & Email tablet.
For now, my only fix is to uninstall/remove 17.0 Krypton, and reinstall the old Jarvis 16.0 ( and turn off the Auto Update setting)
(2017-03-10, 18:56)KaBob Wrote: [ -> ]"Please post a debug log." - I have no idea how or where a debug log is created or exists on the Samsung Tab A (9.7) Tablet that has this problem.

I am totally a "User" on the Android Tablet platform, and can't help with debug or diagnosis here.
I don't have Andriod platform dev/debug tools so i'm handicapped on the driod platform.

Follow the Debug log (wiki) <<<<link. It doesn't matter what platform you're using providing a debug log is pretty much the same, there's even a add-on that makes it easy to do.
Unclear; does this just happen on the tablet, or on the windows machines too?