Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to monetize Kodi or Emby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I had this great idea that someone might have thought of, that is simply build up your library with inapp purchase with digital content (movies, music, every digital content)

starting with this simple thing
https://play.google.com/store/movies?hl=pt

i bet theres an api for that.

I believe in opensource

and there will be of course the open content addons

thanks and keep up with the almost free work

Smile cheers
@Norin_Radd I'm not following. Please explain
putting my post back up

"You are a distribution channel, a very particular one... you have more than 1 million users or something like that... people instead of renting a movie on demand or paying every month, buy one movie at a time (they can´t watch that many at a time), that is their legal copy, they can save it in their drives, with luck it stays also available in the cloud and if they have purchase proof and if your drive goes Kaput they can download again.

The thing is... google will not let you have a piece of their cake, so you have to find a cheap way to have your servers with content legally, start with niche content, small distributors of movies... and perhaps indie movie makers... than you have your niche market... and its just you (channel, the artists, and the distributors)... don´t go for the big movies, go for niche, the world is big enough you dont need the sharks (Big USA companies), go for small,indie US/canada, go for Europe, go for Portugal, go for every country that as an audience and artists and don´t will eat you alive.

Making that possible would be tremendous work... its just an idea... might never work"

than i found out there's a lot of streaming sites with niche content and with the reply to my ilusions of perhaps making a site with an addon for that... someone has thought of that and some business parished
(2017-03-13, 01:05)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I had this great idea that someone might have thought of, that is simply build up your library with inapp purchase with digital content (movies, music, every digital content)

starting with this simple thing
https://play.google.com/store/movies?hl=pt

i bet theres an api for that.

I believe in opensource

and there will be of course the open content addons

thanks and keep up with the almost free work

Smile cheers

Can you elaborate please?
I think maybe he is saying to make a donation so you can watch your movies from places like Google play movies
They would like us to act as a front end for indie content providers and take a cut of the purchase or rental fees.
Please don't. This would lead to many add-on programmers splitting their functionality into free and "premium" content.
yeah you are right, its a good idea but might not work, i was dreaming. Besides there's so much streaming services and niche ones similar to netflix... people no longer buy copies, just small amount and most of them are already online you would have a very small revenue stream and with lots of costs... its better of just having them as addons... but kodi is a channel of distribution in some sense of the word, at least with addons you are, in a particular way.

People prefer to buy physical copies for their collections... cause media collections are becoming more of a niche market.

thanks for clearing that up and with the reply, ideas are to be talked about and to discuss, thanks for being so open minded.

It´s better to have streaming or purchase services as addons... like spotify, tidal, bandcamp and etc. that you already have and making your work even greater.

thanks again for chatting.

(replying to bry to the discussion and putting my post back up again)
(2017-03-14, 11:03)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't. This would lead to many add-on programmers splitting their functionality into free and "premium" content.

You already have premium addons, for example for music, at least the copyrighted ones as an example for tidal and spotify, bandcamp you just cant use them if you aren´t a premium user.

Keeping my addon brainstorming with the lack of judgment...

"you" can make netlabels addons, cccommons addons for music similar like you are using for retroplayer on internet archive.

Everyone is talking about netflix on kodi... another audience and possible addons for kodi that opened up my knowledge of content streaming services online was this article and made me rethink what i have previously written.

https://thenextweb.com/media/2014/10/01/...w_k6X0somf

Kodi is a mediacenter... but without content it is just that... (addons, preferably legit and legal ones just enrich the whole kodi experience).

to remind people iam just talking about possibilities iam not saying to anyone to do this and that, its not even a feature request.

edit: lol you guys have all of this figured out ages ago... almost all free and subscription streaming content as an addon... you have your canvas all figured out eheheh im always discovering something new.