Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL - Home Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OLD SOLVED POST, DONT READ, SEE EDIT BELOW

Hi All

So just moved house which is larger and thus I cannot run multiple cables from one HTPC to multiple rooms/tvs.

So I have got a few cheapo computers to run as Kodi terminals for the main HTPC.

Initially I got the HTPC setup again and scanned the library locally (so set up video sources etc)

So I followed the MySQL setup wiki as below:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_M...ab=Windows
http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi

So when I got to the point after creating the advancedsettings.xml (or whatever its called), I went into Kodi and then went to my video sources (Movies & TV Shows), and changed their paths to smb using the static ip (of the HTPC) etc, this replaced the standard F:\Movies\ that was there before.

Kodi then scanned again using the created NFOs (from the library export eariler in the MySQL setup wiki).

And it worked, I can tell cause all the movies and tv shows have the correct watch status. So far so good.

I use Aeon Nox 5: Silvo skin, and I set the Movies & TV Shows menu items backgrounds to random fanart for both, however I noticed that with the MySQL database there was no fanart backgrounds (thumbnails and posters were working however).

So I thought maybe it needed a restart, so I closed Kodi and reopened and then all hell broke lose, the library started scanning again and I was like "hmmm" went into the movies list and it was creating double ups of each movie, using the contect menu and then information on each of the two double ups one path said "smb etc" the other said the old "F:Movies"...

I then double checked my video sources, and yet only the smb path is in there?

Any ideas on whats going on? Cleaning the library doesn't remove the old "F:\Movies\" double ups...

And how does random fanart background work with MySQL, do I have to do anything special to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Just setup this MySQL library on my first terminal PC Kodi, in this version of Kodi I didnt add any video sources I just copied the advancedsettings file across and started up Kodi, it looks like the MySQL library worked as it was instantly there, I also noticed that Movies on this Kodi are also doubled uped the same as above, however TV Shows has no double ups?

Also the TV Show main menu fanart background is working on this version, but the Movies fanart still isnt.

EDIT:
It seems a library clean the second time round has fixed the above, and the fanart is showing slowly.

I have a new question now.

I have basketball games/home videos etc that I would usually add as a source, not scan into library (due to no scrapper etc so scanning wont work), and then just add the source to favourites and then make a main menu item off the favourite (which you can do in Aeon Nox).

Is there a way to get these videos into MySQL so if I start watching a game in the lounge (main HTPC) I can continue in the bedroom (terminal Kodi)?

Cheers
No way to do this?
Create your own NFO and scan it into the library?
Is there a tutorial on how to do that? I assume I would have to do each time for every file? Might not be worth the effort.
Really? Do people never read the manual? http://kodi.wiki/view/Nfo