Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screensaver always resetted to "none"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use the screensaver turning on and off as as trigger/event for the callbacks script. After 5 minutes the screensaver turns on and that triggers the callbacks script to send a certain command to my home-automation telling it to turn off the power of my TV set. Pressing any button on my remote deactivates the screensaver which then triggers the callbacks script to send a certain command to my home-automation telling it to turn on the power for my tv-set. That is an easy why to have the TV set turning on and off whenever I need it (for CEC via HDMI did not work reliably for me).

I installed the aformentioned setup one and a half year ago when I bought my first shield TV box. And I have kept updating to almost every new Kodi version that was available. But they all showed one annoying problem: Every now and then Kodi loses the setting for the automatic screensaver activation and sets it to "none". It happens mostly when Kodi was not shut down correctly (when I leave home I have my home-automation turn off the power for all media players which causes Kodi not to power down correctly). All other Kodi settings are kept but only the screensaver. I tried multiple times to set it to activate after 5 minutes and selected "dark" as the screensaver. I then closed Kodi correctly and restartetd it, which - in most cases - has Kodi keeping the setting. However, next time Kodi is not powered down correctly it will reboot with the screensaver deactivted again (but all other settings I might have changed are still in place).

Is there any way I can force the screensaver setting to remain in place regardless of Kodi being shut down correctly or not?

Thanx in advance!