Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Will connect to addons via 4G but not WiFi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I have installed Kodi 17 on my phone, PC and got it on an Android Box. I want to primarily use my Android TV Box but can't get it to do anything. It seems to work fine when I connect it via my phone hotspot but it will not connect to any server or addon (kodi or not) using my home WIFI. The other apps on the box work fine (Youtube etc) and it indicates it is connected. My ISP advise they have no 'home shield' on their service and they were unable to solve the problem over the phone. I know the issue is with my ISP/Router but can't find anything on Youtube or Google that seems to help. I have been working on this for a week now and it's driving me mad. Please anyone help!
What sources are you trying to connect to?

A debug log would help diagnosis as well
Can your router use a VPN?
You can try setting up a VPN at a friend's house just to test could tell you if ISP is blocking something.
Or this
https://supportforums.cisco.com/document...king-ports

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Thanks Mnementh
I can't connect to any source. Every addon I try to install comes back with various messages such as 'connection failed' or 'installation failed' or 'Error, Check the log for more information'.
Thanks gjkrisa
I have a friend who put me onto kodi who has no problems. I'll test my android box at his place. I am certain it is either my ISP service or modem/router
Just provide the debug log (wiki) as requested, having first read the forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned add-ons (wiki) in case that saves everyone's time.