Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Opening ACTION MENU on Sony TV stops video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When bringing up the ACTION MENU on the Sony TV, video playback is automatically being stopped within Kodi. So it is not possible to adjust picture settings while video is playing. This however does not happen with SPMC.

I am attaching a log of such an incident. [DOWNLOAD]

Can this behavior be changed somehow in Kodi?
Here is a screenshot of the Sony ACTION MENU on top of SPMC:

As already written, when bringing up this menu, video is stopped inside Kodi Krypton, see above log.
What line should I look at in the log?
Hoped you would tell me...

Here is another log. I started channel Servus TV HD at around 07:08 and at 07:09 I pressed the ACTION MENU button on the remote which stopped video playback. There is no mention in the log as to why video is stopped. It is just stopped, which does not happen in SPMC.
I am kinda assuming that the key press in kodi remote keypress for ACTION MENU is set differently than in SPMC. Can't see any indication of that though, unless I am missing it.
Nah. Code changes are needed to be smarter about when we stop playback when we loose focus.
I'll backport to 18
It also happens when the Android backdrop 'screensaver' kicks in.
I watched a movie on Kodi, paused abio break, when backdrop kicked in, the movie stopped.
It would be nice to look at this case as well. Cheers!
@Koying Would be great if you could implement these changes in the next 17.1 release.
Thanks @Koying.

BTW, I have another SPMC related navigation issue within TV, using only the D-pad and Select/Back controls. I select a channel from the channellist which then starts playing in the window to the right. I then execute Select to make it fullscreen. When I go back to the channellist via Back action now, playback is stopped.
Exactly same problem on Philips TV, specifically model 55PFT6550, when click on menu button for change picture parameter, or ambilight setting, playback is stopped. With last edition of SPMC it is ok, but here is many another problems, stuttering audio when Passthrough and only 720p resolution.
Same issue here please fix - picture can not be adjusted during playback.
i hope you can toggle this as before when playback doesnt stop if you set sleep timer on tv video kept playing overnight atleast now it stops.
Today i tried Kodi v18, Nightly build, on my Philips Android TV and same issue, stop playback when click on menu (picture adjust) button. Could you please change it for the final version?
Quote:BTW, I have another SPMC related navigation issue within TV, using only the D-pad and Select/Back controls. I select a channel from the channellist which then starts playing in the window to the right. I then execute Select to make it fullscreen. When I go back to the channellist via Back action now, playback is stopped.
Think I found the solution as to why Back stops playback, see this commit. Suppose I either have to change the keyboard.xml and revert the change or perform a longpress instead to not stop playback.
(2017-03-16, 20:03)CiNcH Wrote: [ -> ]When bringing up the ACTION MENU on the Sony TV, video playback is automatically being stopped within Kodi. So it is not possible to adjust picture settings while video is playing. This however does not happen with SPMC.

I am attaching a log of such an incident. [DOWNLOAD]

Can this behavior be changed somehow in Kodi?

I have the same issue with Bravia 2016.
Pages: 1 2 3