Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Favorites, (again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there no simple way to add another "favorites" category?
If I could just have 1 for movies and 1 for TV, that would be great!
I'm aware of Super Favorites, but that's a lot more complex then I feel I need.
Thanx.
OK how about entering sources through the video button and making an entire movie source a favourite, then going to the TV source an make that a favourite. Or do you have multiple sources? Alternatively you could use smart playlists and link those as favourites.

If you already have a button marked 'Movies' and another one marked 'TV Shows' why would you need a favourite essentially showing you the same thing? Elaborate a bit on how you want things to work and look, perhaps there's an easy solution.
Thanx for your response.
I am fairly new to KODI, so there's still a lot I don't understand.

I was hoping to find a very simple way to dynamically update my favorites.

I have a NAS box loaded with hundreds of movies and TV shows, home movies etc.
It is very simple for me to surf my collection and add a particular item to favorites.
However, I would like to break down the favorites by movies, TV, home movies, etc.
And as I said, update that favorite list from time to time.

Keep in mind I'm trying to keep this very easy to use.
If I could only have a couple of different favorites categories that would be great.
Quote:Keep in mind I'm trying to keep this very easy to use. If I could only have a couple of different favorites categories that would be great.

You can keep favourites of individual sources and folders. Perhaps something like this? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2550657
Thanx guys for trying to help me out.

I looked over your suggestions, but as I said; I need something really simple.
I don't even use the library or playlists yet, so getting involved with plugins, etc. is more than I care to try.

I was hoping there was someway, within the downloaded version of KODI, that I could just click a button somewhere and create another favorites category.

Perhaps one day such a feature will be added.
Quote:I was hoping there was someway, within the downloaded version of KODI, that I could just click a button somewhere and create another favorites category.
You say tomatoes, I say tomotoes.. make a few folders, make them sources, make the sources favourites... Too much? Have a potato.
I'm just not getting this.

I made "Folder1" and "Folder2" and added as sources.
When you say "make the sources favourites" do you mean "add to favourites"?

If so, that doesn't help me.
How do I surf my NAS box and selectively add some files to Folder1 and some files to Folder2?
Yup... add those folders as sources to favourites.... stuff the files/movie you want in those folders. Or better still make a smart playlist Smart playlists (wiki) and make that a favourite.

Quote:How do I surf my NAS box and selectively add some files

The Tags feature was made with you in mind, and a tagged list can also be a favourite http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags Add-on:Tag Generator (wiki)