Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow loading moviecollection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

first: I know there are a lot of "slow loading" and "how to speed up mysql-db loading" threads but none of them really fits or give me a solution.

So my problem is:
My kodi stucks and load movie informations like the poster or fan art really slow but only if I use the "show moviecollection" option and select a collection (the collection size doesn't matter). If I disable this feature I got all Information instantly! I can use the posterwall of my videos and don't see any poster loading. But I have a lot of collections so I want to use this feature.

Is there any way to speed this up?

thanks
Sedrah
I suspect that you are referencing Movie sets (wiki) and didn't mention what skin or include a paste-bin link to your debug log (wiki) so it's more or less speculation here. My sets come in very fast once they have been cached a few times. Where exactly are you disabling this feature?
maybe I found the problem.

I created a debug log and find an old IP address where he tries to load fanart. I will try to fix it by myself and give you an update.

--------------------------
OLD MESSAGE:
I'm sorry - yes it's correct I mean Movie sets.
I think the skin is not a problem because I changed it several times the last days but at the moment I use Aeon Nox. It's the same with Estuary and Nebula and I have the same issue with Kodi v16.

Here is the log <link-removed>.

I tried to browse through my movies.
I navigated to the first movie set then to the next video it seems to work.
Then the next movie set and the fanart and poster didn't load. (In the log-file at 2:19)
At this moment I can navigate through the menu with no problems but every picture (fanart, poster) didn't load. Even the skin background didn't load.

It seems he try to load a poster and fanart for the movie set and couldn't load it and ran in to a timeout. After 2 min it works again until I came to a movie set. (In the log-file at 2:21)

My Configuration:
Windows 10 Ent. x64
Kodi v17.1 RC1 (Git:20170223-1a80820)
MariaDB 5.5.53-0073 (same issue with MySQL)
So I'm happy - Finally I found it...

There were old entries in the table 'art'. The strange thing is only the movie sets had these old ip-addresses.

Thanks