Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Losing some SMB Shares when waking from Sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have 3 instances of Kodi running in my home, all linked to a single SQL server.

the two RPI's are fine, however, I have Kodi (upto date version) installed on my primary PC. All media is stored on a windows 10 box separate to any of the Kodi machines.

On the PC (also windows 10) that has Kodi installed, all is fine, until that machine goes to sleep. when I wake from sleep, whilst I can still watch files from the 'movies' section, any TV shows come up 'This file is no longer available'. If, however, I manually go to the file (through video/files), the file plays, no problems.
Sources are correct (same .xml across all kodi machines), as are passwords, and Advanced Settings.xml.
I'm not using Homegroups (sharing done via permissions, the old fashioned way), and for the life of me, I can't find the issue.

Logs aren't showing anything at all (as it's not registering as an error. nor are there any network errors apparent in the log.

Any suggestions?
Maybe the sources go into sleep mode as well. There's an option in KODI to try and wake the server on access, maybe that'll help.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. The sources are on a Windows 10 machine that does not go to sleep. I also have that option already chosen. in fact, it was the first thing I tried when this issue started.