Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Empty TV shows not hidden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In Jarvis was the option "Hide Empty TV shows" in the Kodi settings working just fine but ever since I installed Krypton 17.1 RC all my Empty Tv Shows are not automaticly hidden anymore.
I have to do a manual task like a update library, clean library or just a simple Skin Refresh to get my empty TV Shows hidden. The setting "Update Video Library at startup is enabled but not helpfull with this issue.

I hope this can be fixed because I don't need to see what is not there.

Kodi log

Thanks
Tried the watchdog auto library update addon but this doesn't update my library either. Any other ideas or workarounds until a fix is available?
If update library, clean library solves the issue, then you could have those functions on start-up. Do subsequent updates bring back the zero listings, or just a restart?
(2017-03-19, 18:20)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]If update library, clean library solves the issue, then you could have those functions on start-up. Do subsequent updates bring back the zero listings, or just a restart?
Cleanonupdate is a command in my advancedsettings.xml but it doesn't work. Hideemtyseries is also a command in that xml file.
Other commands in the advancesettings work as expected.
Have you got it couched in the videolibrary..btw: noticed a misspelling 'Hideemtyseries'.

<videolibrary>
<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
</videolibrary>

Let's have a look at the advanced setting file?
I've had the same issue since updating to 17.0/17.1. Empty TV shows show up on the menu. Has this been reported as a bug yet?
(2017-03-20, 22:11)MechanicalWhispers Wrote: [ -> ]I've had the same issue since updating to 17.0/17.1. Empty TV shows show up on the menu. Has this been reported as a bug yet?
There's only a dozen active tickets up for windows, and I didn't see it, feel free to put it into the Bugtracker, but I would like to see an advanced settings to preclude a minor typo or nesting as the source.
(2017-03-20, 21:53)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Have you got it couched in the videolibrary..btw: noticed a misspelling 'Hideemtyseries'.

<videolibrary>
<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
</videolibrary>

Let's have a look at the advanced setting file?
This is my advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<!-- zerocache -->
<advancedsettings>
            <alwaysontop>yes</alwaysontop>
        <splash>false</splash>
    <cache>
        <buffermode>2</buffermode>
        <memorysize>5908725760</memorysize>
        <readfactor>5</readfactor>
    </cache>
    <network>
        <curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
        <curllowspeedtime>10</curllowspeedtime>
    </network>
    <gui>    
            <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
            <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
        </gui>
        <videoscanner>
            <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
        </videoscanner>
        <video>
            <dxvaallowhqscaling>true</dxvaallowhqscaling>
        </video>
        <videolibrary>
        <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>  <!-- hide empty series in the video library -->
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> <!-- Comment: Also clean library during library update -->
        <hideallitems>true</hideallitems> <!-- removes the "*All" items from the video library -->
            <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
        </videolibrary>
            <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
With 17.1 final release this issue or bug still excist. I hope for a fix.

Thanks
Any news on this issue?
17.2 rc1 no change.
Am I the only one who is having this issue?
Unless you submit this to the Bugtracker, not a lot will be done. I personally don't use this feature.
Maybe this helps solving the issue. When this standard is used for series all empty tv shows are hidden.

But when I add one of my emby addon libraries my empty tv shows are not directly hidden.

Could it be emby addon related? The setting sync empty tv shows is disabled in the emby addon settings.

Bugtracker?
We don't care about anything the Emby addon does.
I will give this one more try to get help with this "bug" to resolve.

I tested this by removing the Emby addon and setup my tv and movie library without Emby. I added all my TV Series and Movies in the Kodi video libary. I have multiple series folders added. Series for my wife, series for myself etc.
When I select one of those libraries all series without any episode available is visable. With this setup there is no difference than with the Emby addon setup.
Even when I set my empty tv shows folder to hidden it will be visable in Kodi.

When I check the log I see by all empty tv shows this line "as not in the database"

I have added "BUG" before the topic title and I have told you what the issue is. I don't know what is changed in Krypton comparing to Jarvis that is causing this but Jarvis was in that case better.

I hope this will be the info where you guys can work with on a solution. If not let me know what more I need to do.

Kodi log

Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 2