Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unstable Update Library/Add content with music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have spend two days trying to get music I bought from google play music to load. I finally got there, but frankly it feels like a random crapshoot.

What I have found, is that id3v2 tagging with PRIV seems to cause mis-reads which are silently dropped during load, (DEBUG mode doesn't seem to add very specific info about why it won't include content). Oddly, not all music downloaded from google had the problem.

But also, that library updating is 'unstable' in as much as sometimes stuff loads, and sometimes not: its really unclear what a library rescan is doing, and when it re-reads meta data and when it doesn't.

OSMC on a rpi, current spec (both h/w and s/w)

Is this musicbrainz? is this cosmic rays?
(2017-03-19, 03:35)geeohgeegeeoh Wrote: [ -> ]Is this musicbrainz? is this cosmic rays?
.... am I psychic?

Really you have not given me much to go on. You couldn't get much from debug, but maybe a log (of scanning music when added to library) would tell me more.

I would guess that all the Google music has a PRIV tag, so I don't see why it would cause some muisc not to be scanned. Also Kodi does not use this tag at all, but I guess their could be an issue in TagLib that is used to read the tags. I think it is more likely issues with the other tagging, but either way I would need to see an example file.

(2017-03-19, 03:35)geeohgeegeeoh Wrote: [ -> ]But also, that library updating is 'unstable' in as much as sometimes stuff loads, and sometimes not: its really unclear what a library rescan is doing, and when it re-reads meta data and when it doesn't.
When a music source is added all the files of that source are scanned and the metadata from tags is used to populate the library. When a library update is done it scans through all the folders and files and checks the file size and timestamp, and only if they are different from when the initial scan was done does it rescan the metadata.

In addition if "fetch additional info on update" is enabled Kodi also requests aditional artist and album data including art work from online sources. The success of this depends on server traffic, so art may appear for some artists and not others. Otherwise you can use "query info for all" from the context menu to fetch this additional info, and repeat to fill in any gaps.

But really you need to be clearer on what you mean by "sometimes stuff loads, and sometimes not"