Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Having trouble playing videos multiplexed with MKVToolNix (RPI3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I'm having trouble playing videos that I've multiplexed with MKVToolNix. They play okay on my computer with either Kodi or VLC, but when I try to play them on Kodi on my Raspberry Pi 3, they play in slow motion.

The videos are MKVs created from MakeMKV from HD-DVD rips. Ripped HD-DVDs keep a 3:2 pulldown flag, but I wanted to play them at 24fps so I removed the flag using eac3to, but that just makes a video file without audio. I then use MKVToolNix to make a new MKV with the 24fps video file and the audio tracks. I've set the default duration/FPS setting to either blank or 24000/1001p, which should correspond to the 23.97 fps format. The newly multiplexed file is the file that Kodi on RPi3 can't play. It can play the 24 fps video file without audio (generated by eac3to) just fine, but when I multiplex and add audio, I get extremely choppy playback (like a couple FPS).

I then tried multiplexing a new MKV from a raw HD-DVD rip (with the 3:2 pulldown flag) and removing one or two tracks and not even touching the default duration/FPS setting. Even that file has issues being played on Kodi on RPi3, so it seems like the issue is with a setting on MKVToolNix, but I don't know what it could be. Is there some property I'm missing? I feel like I'm just doing something dumb, but I can't figure out what.

Thank you for any help

Also, if this isn't the place to post MKVToolNix help, I apologize, I couldn't find a dedicated forum for it.
Post mediainfo of a file.