Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: External player doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
I have Kodi 17.1 on tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) (SM-T580) with Android 6.
I've configured external player MXPlayerFree with playercorefactory.xml.
I try to play videos with smb from NAS, but I see only some controls (play, hold and so on) blinking in upper part of screen and that's it.
Can someone suggest what do I need to do?
How about using a player that actually suports SMB? Because MX doesn't.
It works if I open video through ES file manager.
well, then don't use Kodi, use ES file explorer. Huh
Kodi can't do anything to external players, they are what they are. You just start them within Kodi, that's all.
Did you check my log? I can see there following:

10:31:00.081 T:18446744073421547824 WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayer(MXPlayerFree): no such player: MXPlayerFree

So I think it is not player problem, but Kodi can't find app (or config file record?)
No I didn't. And I don't have to. What you want will never work with MX.
If it works from other apps, why it shouldn't work from Kodi?
(2017-03-22, 17:34)denis.bredikhin Wrote: [ -> ]If it works from other apps, why it shouldn't work from Kodi?
Because........ ES is FILE MANAGER, KODI is not. ES finds the file and ask you what do you want to do with it. Kodi just tries to play the file. And if you use external player that is not capable of reaching that file it simply won't play. KODI can and will index everything but once you decide to use external player KODI is just an index and your external player must support all the bells and whistles.
Then why do I see in log that
no such player: MXPlayerFree
I definitely have it.
And which one from players supported by Kodi has SMB support?
OK, so you can't even start MX? But even if you could, MX can't play SMB. so just give up on MX.
For the rest of them, I don't know. Install them all and have fun with xml config file.
(2017-03-22, 18:44)kinggo Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so you can't even start MX? But even if you could, MX can't play SMB. so just give up on MX.
For the rest of them, I don't know. Install them all and have fun with xml config file.

I'm sorry, I was wrong. MX works on local files, so it is for sure problem if Mx, not of Kodi.
Do you know any player supported by Kodi which can play files via SMB? Problem that Kodi on my tablet plays 1080p files via wifi with a lof of freezes, while Mx plays smoothly.
So I wanted to solve it in this way.

But I still wonder why Kodi can't open files in same way as file manager do. Because users will see file selection dialog?
Is it not possible to add to future versions "file manager mode" where Kodi works only as file manager?
Try Movian as player.
Pages: 1 2