Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ripping Audio-CD (CDDA) in XBMC for Linux?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just a quick question but is this fully implemented? I've tried to rip a CD to test however I get an error in the xbmc.log saying it failed to create the directory (althought it does) and nothing else happens, nor is there a indication as to whats happening/happened. As far as I am aware I have all the required packages installed to perform CD ripping.

If its not fully implemented then its fine, i'll just whip a script up to do it.

cheerz
Iḿ getting the same error.

I have chosen in the setup my /home/music directory for ripping. Then when i choose rip audio cd it creates a folder /home/home/music... then does nothing.

Iḿ using 9.04 alpha R19419 for info.

What is going wrong?

Regards,

Paul
Nice error/debug log.
Guys please do always post a debug log. It's stated many places around
the forum and see the sticky about how to post a problem in a usefull manner.

Debug log is the minimum of effort to supply.
Error ripping CD.

Inserted CD and starts automatic play with correct track,disk,artist information.
added CD Drive as Audio source.
Stopped playing CD.
audio menu, CD Drive, options, Rip CD.
Nothing happens.

Error Log.

09:17:17 T:3050317632 M:1752215552 DEBUG: Xcddb::queryCDinfo discid [a70bd90d] already cached
09:17:17 T:3050317632 M:1752215552 DEBUG: cddb local cache hit.
09:17:17 T:3050317632 M:1752215552 DEBUG: Xcddb::queryCDinfo discid [a70bd90d] already cached
09:17:17 T:3050317632 M:1752215552 ERROR: Unable to create directory '/Music/Michael Buble - Call Me Irresponsible (CD 1_2)/'

Although the directory was created successfully.

System information as follows

1. Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid up to date as of 17th April 09
2. Architecture i686
3. Kernel Version Linux 2.6.27-11-generic
4. XBMC Version 9.04 Alpha1 R19419 (compiled 12th April 09)
5. Build Mediastream V0.97 SVN R1414
6. Installed from ppa.launchpad.net/xbmc-team-svn/ppa/ubuntu intrepid

Any ideas?

Thanks.
All of it... and use a pastesite.
Sorry to be a pain, but copy and pasted into ubuntu pastebin but how do i then put the result into the thread in the correct format. Do I copy and paste output or download as text?
tslayer Wrote:Nice error/debug log.

tslayer, i noticed you guys really being upset by crappy bug reports - and i understand that. other than sticking a thread into the forums it might be useful to hack the forum software to include a fat and black hint into the 'new message' form to urge people to follow the guidelines.

just an idea...
Think I realised my own error.

Here is the full debug log

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/152649/

Thanks
haggy, that would be great.

paulbarnett, are you sure your recording folder/directory isn't supposed to be /home/paul/Music?

Looks like you have it set as /Music.

Maybe show us the contents of ls -al /Music.
I know I edited to that. If i select it as it should be /home/paul/Music under general and cd ripping I get the same error.

Log file http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/152844/

Line 58367

Cheers
sorry forgot to mention that when the correct link /home/paul/Music it doesnt even create the directory, whereas when i manually edited to /Music it created the directory although still error as before.

Cheers
Can you try a different CD please. I wonder if it has anything to do with the parentheses.
no luck iḿ afraid. Tried 2 further cds same error. Also incidently now ive changed the directories it is creating the directories in /home/paul/home/paul/Music but of course is not recording the songs.

Log http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/152891/

Thank you for your help on this. The strange thing is these albums recorded fine in 8.10 build of XBMC.

Cheers
Naa.. not strange.. Lots of changes between then and now.

My guess is something is wrong when checking that directory exists after making it.

Please file a trac ticket.
Pages: 1 2 3 4