Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shield TV: Returning From SPMC to Krypton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that Krypton is out, has anyone who was previously using SPMC for the better sound support (Atmos, etc) switched back to official Kodi and what are your results?

I like what Koying has done with SPMC, but development is slower of course, and I would much rather upgrade all my boxes and DBs to be on Krypton unless there is a compelling reason to stay with SPMC now on my Shield boxes.

Anyone made the switch back to official Kodi Krypton and what were your results?
Why not have both installed and you can see for yourself. It's what I do. Personally, SPMC has some nicer features, but the code updates for Kodi's Music and Games integration are why I am using it instead of SPMC.
I switched back to Krypton, as I was experiencing lip sync issues with SPMC, which was not present in Krypton. I still have SPMC installed, and occasionally uses it to see if anything changed. So far I like Krypton more than SPMC, booting into Krypton is done with and app.
(2017-03-24, 14:28)Juhler Wrote: [ -> ]I switched back to Krypton, as I was experiencing lip sync issues with SPMC, which was not present in Krypton. I still have SPMC installed, and occasionally uses it to see if anything changed. So far I like Krypton more than SPMC, booting into Krypton is done with and app.

I had similar audio/video sync issues with SPMC, so changed to Krypton. I also had terrible problems with profiles deleting themselves in SPMC which has (not yet, fingers crossed) happened in Kodi.

I didn't migrate, rather did a complete clean install and had to remap my Harmony remote etc.
Thanks for the comments. The audio/video sync issues with SPMC also have me going back to Krypton. It has gotten very bad in SPMC to the point almost every video needs adjustment to play properly with audio and video sync. Too bad, but I had only switched to SPMC to get Atmos 9.1 audio which I believe is now supported in Krypton.

Are any of you using MySQL and did you upgrade to DB to the point that SPMC (which I think is still Jarvis-based) can no longer use MySQL if you have it side installed?
I have both spmc 16.6.0 and kodi 17.1 installed. Both of them are working well with no sync issues. Been leaning more towards using kodi as of late. I like the skin better.
I sure do like the voice search feature in SPMC.
I use the Mi Box and the included remote works great for the voice search.