Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Library Scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got around to trying xbmc on linux out and am pretty impressed. I added my music and it scanned to the library in about 2 seconds. However when I tried to scan the videos to library, it seems to hang after adding 5 or so. Sorry I dont have a log or anything, Ill try and get around to finding out how to do that later on.

My videos are on a ide hard drive which I made a symlink to in my home folder(as it wasnt listed as a hard drive)

i am using the imdb scraper with impaward posters setting on and using folder names for lookups.

I have also tried scanning in background to no avail.

Oh and recompiled about 5 times, manually and with the build script.

Has anyone experienced this? Is video scanning working for you?

In the mean time I will try messing with some other settings and see if that helps
Oh sorry I just remembered some other details.

When it hangs, everything else works.. playing mp3 etc but it isnt scanning anymore so i click stop scanning and then xbmc becomes unresponsive and after a lengthy time i kill it. When i relaunch it and look at the library the next 2 videos have been added. could it be having a problem with inserting them into the database or something?

Cheers
Nick
C-Quel goes and hangs himself for previous comment and not reading that the topic states LINUX!
yeah, i had this once. turned out it was the damn cat that had eaten off the right leg of my couch causing a supernova to form in outer space, out of which monkeys came flying flinging shit at my box, hence disturbing it enough to forget about what it was doing.

you want us to guess - there's my guess.
Thanks Spiff i had the same problem... worked a treat all that was required was for me to spank my monkey a few times. Smile
spiff Wrote:you want us to guess - there's my guess.

I'm not asking anyone to guess what my issue is. I'm simply asking if it is a problem others are experiencing which will help me determine whether it is something wrong with my setup which i guess we have now established.
okay, so if i had said 'yes' would that help you a single bit with figuring out what the problem isHuh how do you expect us to answer something when you fail to provide the question?
Maybe you should look at my first post again... I even put question marks in for you..

If you had said 'yes' than it would save me time trying every combination of settings and scrapers and hardware which i have done today. I quess i will just have to scan each manually. Sorry to cause you so much grief spiff.. not even sure why you replied.
Hmm Nick8888 there is a problem though regardless and we need to know if its code or user error so help us help you... debug log is pretty much a requirement as we cannot be expected to replicate everyones situation to the last detail only to find its possibly a user error after all.

http://www.pastebin.com Smile
grief? who said anything about grief?

i'm just effing tired of users coming in here expecting us to help them, yet they piss all over the small requests / rules we ask you to follow.
Maybe you should read what this forum is designed for.

XBMC for Linux Users Only
In here XBMC for Linux users can help other users. No feature/function requests!
Team-XBMC will mostly stay away since we don't offer *ANY* support to user yet!

btw. thanks c-quel. I am trying to make one now.
fine. have it your way. sit around waiting for all the other helpless fuckers to offer "advice"

i was interested since i thought this might be a genuine bug in my code (that nobody else has volunteered to maintain). how silly of me
Nick8888 might be worth letting spiff look at it mate... as i unfortunately fall into the - sit around waiting for all the other helpless fuckers to offer "advice" category Wink im no genius mate.
I figured out how to get the log.http://pastebin.com/d7dd8301e

Dont take it the wrong way.. i appreciate all the work youve done. i just dont know why you bothered responding when i said i would paste a log later when i had some time.

stress less.
This problem seems to be fixed now. Not sure if it was because my permissions were f'ed up but if someone fixed it, thankyou very much!!