Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zeroconf on MiBox Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to use SYBU Remote control app on my iPhone 6Plus. SetUp instructions provided read: "System > Service Settings > General > Zeroconf> Announce services to other systems > Enabled (if this option is missing you likely have an Android box/device. Kodi V17 on Android does not have Zeroconf support (it was removed - please ask on the Kodi Forum to reinstate this functionality)"

Is there anyone who can explain/provide instruction in layman's terms, how I can get this function activated on my Kodi 17 MiBox device to enable using Sybu Remote on my iPhone?

Thank you in advance,

Dan
(2017-03-25, 19:36)1dshap Wrote: [ -> ](if this option is missing you likely have an Android box/device. Kodi V17 on Android does not have Zeroconf support (it was removed

what exactly is unclear about this sentence?
(2017-03-25, 19:59)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-25, 19:36)1dshap Wrote: [ -> ](if this option is missing you likely have an Android box/device. Kodi V17 on Android does not have Zeroconf support (it was removed

what exactly is unclear about this sentence?

what part is unclear for you too, he just ask a question thats written to be asked.

Quote: Kodi V17 on Android does not have Zeroconf support (it was removed - please ask on the Kodi Forum to reinstate this functionality)"
(2017-03-25, 19:36)1dshap Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to use SYBU Remote control app on my iPhone 6Plus. SetUp instructions provided read: "System > Service Settings > General > Zeroconf> Announce services to other systems > Enabled (if this option is missing you likely have an Android box/device. Kodi V17 on Android does not have Zeroconf support (it was removed - please ask on the Kodi Forum to reinstate this functionality)"

Is there anyone who can explain/provide instruction in layman's terms, how I can get this function activated on my Kodi 17 MiBox device to enable using Sybu Remote on my iPhone?

Thank you in advance,

Dan

option is removed, you can manual config most remote apps, see if you can do same with one you are using.
you need to know your device ip for it, use kodi settings info to get that.
Is the approach in SPMC so much different that it can't easily be ported over?
(2017-03-26, 13:08)CiNcH Wrote: [ -> ]Is the approach in SPMC so much different that it can't easily be ported over?

you think just slapping some WIP code on top a final release is sane?
No it isn't
No clue. That's why I asked...
Community builds - no matter if they are forks of LibreELEC or Android Kodi can experiment more with adding and removing newer features.

Mainline Kodi has to take the softly softly approach to try and retain Software stability.

v17.x releases of Kodi are not where you go experimenting and adding new Features - That is what Kodi v18 Leia Alpha versions are for.
Could someone please reinstate the zeroconf functionality?
Quote:you think just slapping some WIP code on top a final release is sane?
No it isn't
Seems like the WIP code got merged now anyway.

AirPlay is working again now. Apart from the fact that like SPMC also Kodi crashes when disconnecting AirPlay.

I also still have the issue that I can't see my DLNA servers (Synology, DVBViewer Media Server) within Kodi. After enabling UPnP in service settings, I don't get the "UPnP devices" entry in the "Add videos..." dialog anymore. After disabling UPnP, I can see the entry again, but it won't open. I am not sure whether this is related to ZeroConf but AFAIK UPnP discovery works over this protocol, no?
Upnp is fixed tomorrow
Seen the commit... probably requires backporting to Krypton?
No
UPnP is fixed.

Kodi still crashes when disconnecting AirPlay. I am attaching a log:

kodi_airplay_crash.log

I wanted to disable Spectrum visualization because I thought that it might be causing the crash. I realized that Spectrum is already disabled (My add-ons > Looks and feel > Visualisation > Spectrum). But it still seems to be used when playing music via AirPlay!?
"For Sybu Remot" Try to configure manually, use the iP address of your device that you have installed kodi not the iP from kodi