Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Symbol lookup error after reinstallation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello ,
after I reinstalled Kodi , program doesn't start and throws this error in terminal:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin: undefined symbol: _ZN7pcrecpp2RE4InitEPKcPKNS_10RE_OptionsE

It seems to be related with libpcre , but libpcre3 is already installed.
This problem doesn't happen only on Kodi 17.
(2017-03-25, 21:24)gxtaix Wrote: [ -> ]This problem doesn't happen only on Kodi 17.

Apologies, I really hate to question your English - but do you mean "it doesn't only happen on Kodi 17, it happens on other programs as well", or do you mean "it is limited in that it only happens on Kodi"?
As an aside, "libpcre3 is already installed" doesn't necessarily help, as the version might matter - a PPA for 12.04 is going to be different for 14.04 and 16.04, for example (assuming you're using 'buntu). More information would be helpful.
(2017-03-25, 22:52)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-25, 21:24)gxtaix Wrote: [ -> ]This problem doesn't happen only on Kodi 17.

Apologies, I really hate to question your English - but do you mean "it doesn't only happen on Kodi 17, it happens on other programs as well", or do you mean "it is limited in that it only happens on Kodi"?

Well .. what I meant by that , while I was looking for solution for my problem I have installed an older version of Kodi (ver 16.) that also didn't start. In terminal it showed same message as in Kodi 17.

(2017-03-25, 22:56)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]As an aside, "libpcre3 is already installed" doesn't necessarily help, as the version might matter - a PPA for 12.04 is going to be different for 14.04 and 16.04, for example (assuming you're using 'buntu). More information would be helpful.

I am using Ubuntu 16.10 and libpcre3 version is 2:8.39-2.