Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue regarding unwatched movies section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Kodi17.1 and made some strange observation regarding the behaviour of the unwatched movies section.
If there is at least one unwatched movie, other movies will get added to the unwatched movie section when the watched status is toggled.
When marking all movies as watched, the unwatched movie section disappears. So far so good.
But when marking some movies as unwatched afterwards, nothing happens. The unwatched movie section won't show up again and a reboot is required to bring it back.

When looking at the log files, I figured out that the following lines are missing in this case:
Code:
20:15:33.347 T:140152156371072   DEBUG: CDirectoryProvider[special://skin/playlists/unwatched_movies.xsp]: refreshing..
20:15:33.347 T:140152156371072   DEBUG: CDirectoryProvider[special://skin/playlists/random_movies.xsp]: refreshing..

Somehow the lists are skipped if they were empty and got filled again. The same issues applies to unwatched tv shows.

Anyone got an idea how to solve this issue ?
No ideas ?
I can't replicate your issue, behaviour is quite snappy, adding or subtracting watched, toggling the watched list is true and fast. I did this with my recently added list of 50; perhaps with a large library, the video cache might be the villain perhaps bogged down a bit (a restart cleans it up). Suggestion: export your meta-data to separate files, clear out your set-up with a fresh start, set your source again and re-scrape with 'local information only' scraper. http://kodi.wiki/view/backup#Watch_status_only have a look here too http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228463
Thanks for your response, I will give it a try ! Did you mark all videos as watched until the unwatched movies section disappears and try to add one again afterwards ?
I just toggled the watched back and forth as "watched/unwatched/All Videos" in the recently added, considering that the watched status has to be labelled in your entire library as individual settings, if you don't limit the scope of the tag, this would prove to take too much time with a large library and might be the source of your issue. If you're looking at treating your library in this fashion you might consider something like Add-on:WatchedList (wiki) or Add-on:Trakt (wiki)
I can't fix the issue Confused The clean up didn't help. It's always the same case, once all movies are marked as unwatched (either one by one or all together the same time), a reboot is required to bring back the unwatched section.