Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI 17.1 Not Starting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI Guys

I have two laptops both running windows 10. The pc that I usually use to run Kodi is not allowing Kodi to run after the upgrade from 16.1 to 17.1. I click on the Kodi icon and nothing happens. I have tried different variants and nothing works. I have shut the pc down and restarted it. I have uninstalled kodi completely and reinstalled it. Nothing helps.
Now on my other pc i have done the very same upgrade and Kodi works perfectly.

Please assist me in resolving this issue
Windows 10 home single language
version: 1607
OS build: 14393.953
Processor: intel pentium cpu n3530 @ 2.16ghz 2.16ghz
RAM: 4.00GB
System: 64-bit operating system
As always we need a debug log.
Educational opportunity: Since one works and the other doesn't, compare the two starting with their icons and work your way down.

icon's point to same place?
Another Addons27.db issue seems likely.
No such file in my install. Will not run! Frustrated!
(2017-04-02, 23:26)dwalmz Wrote: [ -> ]No such file in my install. Will not run! Frustrated!
Suggest you post your own separate thread then, together with debug log and a clear description of your problem.
I had the same issue and I managed to solve it by deleting Kodi folder located in C:/Users/*MyPersonalUser/AppData/Roaming. In my case no restart was needed, I just started Kodi and everything worked fine.
(2017-04-05, 19:47)dilupio14 Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same issue and I managed to solve it by deleting Kodi folder located in C:/Users/*MyPersonalUser/AppData/Roaming. In my case no restart was needed, I just started Kodi and everything worked fine.

Just know that if you do this and you were previously using an older version of Kodi you will lose all your settings, addons, and library. I think running Kodi in portable mode is a better way to troubleshoot start-up issues.

scott s.