Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I adjust the poster sizes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just updated from 16.0 to 17.1 and the sizes of the posters are just ridiculously huge. I used to be able to fit 6 or so items per line in infowall mode, not it's 4 and it's too much. My library's too big to navigate this way, but I like having InfoWall for people that aren't familiar with my library. Can I adjust the sizes to get more items per line?

I'm in the default Estuary skin that 17.1 comes with.
This is a skin issue, and I'm sure there is a work-round but this area is largely windows o/s revolving around Kodi. I'll move your post to the Estuary Skin forum were it's likely your issue will have more informative suggestions.
(2017-03-28, 09:48)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated from 16.0 to 17.1 and the sizes of the posters are just ridiculously huge. I used to be able to fit 6 or so items per line in infowall mode, not it's 4 and it's too much. My library's too big to navigate this way, but I like having InfoWall for people that aren't familiar with my library. Can I adjust the sizes to get more items per line?

I'm in the default Estuary skin that 17.1 comes with.
you can play around with the resolution setting in the addon.xml file, for example start by changing 1920x1080 (assuming your display is 1920x1080) to 3840x2160 and then continue tweaking 16:9 ratios until you get a poster size you like... of course this will impact all elements including fonts so it might not be a solution for you, but it worked great for my needs... btw, the only way i was able to get a custom resolution to work in the addon.xml file was to make it the only resolution, i.e. i commented out the other resolutions... example:

<extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false">
<!-- <res width="1920" height="1440" aspect="4:3" default="false" folder="xml" />
<res width="1920" height="1280" aspect="3:2" default="false" folder="xml" />
<res width="1920" height="1200" aspect="16:10" default="false" folder="xml" />
<res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />
<res width="2560" height="1080" aspect="21:9" default="false" folder="xml" /> -->
<res width="3840" height="2160" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />
</extension>

you might also have to adjust the gaps between posters to fine tune the results, i edited the <itemgap> code in the includes_home.xml file, example:

<include name="WidgetGroupListCommon">
<orientation>vertical</orientation>
<height>100%</height>
<scrolltime tween="cubic" easing="out">500</scrolltime>
<itemgap>-190</itemgap>
<onup>20000</onup>
<ondown>20001</ondown>
<usecontrolcoords>true</usecontrolcoords>
</include>

disclaimer: i'm new to this stuff and pretty sure my edits are nothing more than crude hacks, but they've been working for me, do don't confuse them for elegant, correct solutions!