Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enabling subtitle crashes Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am a relatively new Kodi user so please bear with me Smile
I have Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis?) on my Android 4.4.4 Pico Projector.
Before, the only issue I have with subtitles is when I download them through an add-on during playback, the video plays for a couple of seconds and then Kodi crashes. But just recently, even my local video with local subtitle crashes. It crashes the moment the subtitle is first displayed. Looking at the log file I see the following notable lines.

Code:
13:09:10 T:1795569656   ERROR: Couldn't load font name: __subtitle__(special://xbmc/media/Fonts/arial.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf
13:09:10 T:1795569656   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:__subtitle__ file:/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/media/Fonts/arial.ttf
13:09:10 T:1795569656   ERROR: Couldn't load font name: __subtitleborder__(special://xbmc/media/Fonts/arial.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf
13:09:10 T:1795569656   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:__subtitleborder__ file:/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/media/Fonts/arial.ttf
13:09:10 T:1795569656   ERROR: CGUIWindowFullScreen::OnMessage(WINDOW_INIT) - Unable to load subtitle font

I am not sure if it matters but I used the trick to put the kodi data files into the sdcard.
Hopefully, someone can help me on this. It's getting frustrated and I kinda can't live without subtitles Big Grin
always share the complete Debug log (wiki)